How about some good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich, you didn't marry out of your league...you married out of your universe. ;)

(And speaking of that, it's a nice day here and my wife has taken it upon herself to vacuum and clean both cars while I basically just waste time. I told her I felt I should be listening to "Put Another Log on the Fire" and she didn't disagree. ;) )

Last edited:
May will be here this coming Friday!

Which is good news, because yesterday the furnace stopped working.:confused:

Had that happen with our A/C in August two years ago we had 27 100+ days in a row. It would come on then a couple of minutes later it would shut off. Had an A/C guy come out and of course the thing worked fine. He suggested replacing the whole system to the tune of 6K. We went through the season without A/C and fall came and things were okay. Then winter hit and the furnace stared doing the same thing. A friend told me to call a local guy that was familiar with the systems our houses had.
He came out and the furnace did it's thing, he went up into the attic and came down with the control circuit board and showed use a bunch of hairline cracks in it. The vibration was making the circuits go open when it ran. It also controls the A/C, $500 for a new control board and all has been well. Sure beats 6k for a new system.

Last edited:
I had a very successful Costco run today. Light crowds, plenty of supplies in stock. Seasoned and vac sealed the filets and some halved Prime NY Strips. Not pictured are a couple flank steaks. D1C8FA26-4C64-4C19-BFB9-49036124DDE6.jpegEven filled up the car while I was there. No, I didn't get the grill. :D

Attachments

• B2168A81-BA44-4621-B992-7A598C93D8D3.jpeg
    B2168A81-BA44-4621-B992-7A598C93D8D3.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 948FB533-1AFF-4DE7-BDA6-F016635613C2.jpeg
    948FB533-1AFF-4DE7-BDA6-F016635613C2.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DB4C54CE-CA88-437F-8BB6-AB364ADF9C0B.jpeg
    DB4C54CE-CA88-437F-8BB6-AB364ADF9C0B.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 13
  • CD029B6A-5065-4596-B64C-48B79EF20CE7.jpeg
    CD029B6A-5065-4596-B64C-48B79EF20CE7.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 13
FWIW, if I were the boss, this guy would not be anywhere near a job on my team.
I got the news this morning.
Sasquatch failed his DOT physical and can’t get in to see his doctor for a couple weeks.
So it’s back to square one.
But they have other applicants, so hopefully it won’t take long.

I've been thinking about that one for a long time. My brother in law got one about a year and a half ago and loves it.
My son in-law has one just like that. He went from burning hotdogs and hamburgers on an old cheap grill to turning out some really good cooks. Very little learning curve and very versatile.

Our hospital is doing the same thing, but they are required to keep a certain number of beds open just in case. We currently have no hospitalized cases so it makes sense. The bad news is the floor they are keeping open is the floor my wife works on. So she's getting floated to other floors and having her hours reduced which is a bummer as she did have to take care of Covid positive patients. I don't see this situation lasting. Either, they reduce the number of beds open because they are simply unneeded or opening the economy too soon (I'm not saying they are or aren't)will bring more patients.

I saw my foot doctor yesterday and he said I could now get the surgery I need on my foot. Except I need to get a Covid test ( good luck with that) then have a two week isolation at home. Another test then I could have the surgery. I said I'll wait until this thing settles down. His response "good choice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back