How about some good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mom came home from the nursing home today.(y) She's been there for a month recovering from back surgery.
My wife and I have been there every day getting her place in tip top shape.
She was so happy to be home, but it was hard greeting her with masks and gloves on.:(

Tim

One of the local dairies is stepping up in a big way:

Sassy Cow is our preferred brand, although we have to go to specific grocery stores to find it and sometimes we have to settle for another brand from the local Kwik-E-Mart. They make a whole chocolate milk that is terrific and around Christmas their eggnog flies off the shelves, and I don't mind paying a little more for good milk from good farms.

My Mom came home from the nursing home today.(y) She's been there for a month recovering from back surgery.
My wife and I have been there every day getting her place in tip top shape.
She was so happy to be home, but it was hard greeting her with masks and gloves on.:(

Tim
Damned Tim.... as if the stress of this whole mess isn't enough, you and your family having to worry about your Mom recovering in a nursing home too must have been just brutal. Congrats to all of you for getting through it. Your good news made me feel better too!!

My sister in law might be coming home from six weeks in the hospital (3 in regular for dehydration and pneumonia followed by three in a rehab facility trying to get her to walk more comfortably with a walker), her husband has been going out of his mind! He is having a terrible time getting any information from anyone and since they are in Alabama and we are in Michigan so, we can’t do anything from here but, I hope she comes home today! Praying for that and crossing fingers as well.

Barb is a very kind soul and has the patience of a saint. Even with all the stress she is under with her job she is always upbeat. Yesterday she came home from work with a big smile on her face. So being the dutiful husband that I am I asked why she was so happy.
She said remember I told you about the worthless box boy/bagger that we have at the store. Today I got stuck with him after an hour of him goofing off I told him if he didn't stop screwing around and start doing his job I was going to shove a can of beans up his A**.
He was as good as gold the rest of the day.
That's my Barb.

My sister in law might be coming home from six weeks in the hospital (3 in regular for dehydration and pneumonia followed by three in a rehab facility trying to get her to walk more comfortably with a walker), her husband has been going out of his mind! He is having a terrible time getting any information from anyone and since they are in Alabama and we are in Michigan so, we can’t do anything from here but, I hope she comes home today! Praying for that and crossing fingers as well.
Timothy, that is encouraging news! I do not post much, but I am a frequent visitor, and will also add her to my prayers. Thank you for sharing.

Timothy, that is encouraging news! I do not post much, but I am a frequent visitor, and will also add her to my prayers. Thank you for sharing.
How kind James, thank you her name is Sharon for prayers, she’s had a fair bit of health issues not the least of which is psoriatic arthritis and a stroke between the stroke and arthritis, motion is extremey limited to say the least.
I appreciate your prayers! So far, no word on her getting home today but, they might be a little busy.

Barb is a very kind soul and has the patience of a saint. Even with all the stress she is under with her job she is always upbeat. Yesterday she came home from work with a big smile on her face. So being the dutiful husband that I am I asked why she was so happy.
She said remember I told you about the worthless box boy/bagger that we have at the store. Today I got stuck with him after an hour of him goofing off I told him if he didn't stop screwing around and start doing his job I was going to shove a can of beans up his A**.
That's my Barb.
Did she specify the size can and/or brand? Good for her, let the little slacker know she sees him loafing!
She should keep a can at her register when they are on the same shift so she can just tap it now and then!

That's my Barb.
How many years ago did she use that line on you, Rich? And how often has she had to repeat it?;)

Last edited:
My good news for the day;
I don't have to work today. The weather is beautiful, and I have plenty of beer. The wife will be grilling rib-eyes for dinner.
Good news? That's more like "can't beat it with a stick" news!;)

Last edited:
Going to my dad's again. I have a whole side of Scottish Salmon I will be trimming up soon to grill on his Genesis 3000 today. Will also have the company of my brother in law (who was married to my late sister) and their oldest son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back