How about some good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all of the bad news of late, and with the exception of a few bad storms, we have had great spring weather for the month of April. The allergy season started early, and I did most of my sneezing in March and the first few days of April. I am now down to random sneezes of 10 to 15 at a time instead of the usual 25 to 30. 🤧

I really enjoyed the "Parks and Recreation" reunion special and fundraiser last night.

I can see Ron Swanson having a dedicated Weber for each cut of beef possible.;)

Beautiful day here today, and the Blue Angels will be overhead in a couple hours.

All of the military flight teams do some incredible stuff, but the Navy pilots..... lessee, strap me into a plane, throw my <BEEEEP> off the carrier so I can fly off somewhere else for a couple of hours, wait a minute, the carrier ain't where I left it, it's running away from me, and bouncing around to keep me from landing in a controlled crash. Do it again tomorrow! And the F/A 18 Hornets are gorgeous aircraft.

Good vantage point & video.

I had the opportunity to see the Blue Angels perform during the Cherry Festival in Traverse City, MI. I learned LONG ago to avoid TC like the plague during Cherry Festival, traffic resembles Chicago rush hour, but all day. No idea why I decided to ride my motorcycle in for this, by all rights, it should have been pretty unpleasant. Short story is that the city set up a special motorcycle parking area at the Open Space Project at the foot of West Grand Traverse Bay, right where the flight team performed. I watched the entire show less than 100 yards from my ride, and as soon as it was over, was one of the first vehicles on my way out.

I got my hair cut today. Feels great !

My hair had not been that long since 1982.

Our neighbors across the street had a barber come over today. She cut their hair in the driveway, had a chair and table. Everyone had masks and gloves on.
It looked odd, kinda funny, because I love my neighbors, but this is probably the new way.

Tim

After more than 18 months, I’m out of an apartment and back in a house!!! Fired up the Vortex in the 22” kettle and made some killer wings! Now, I just need to get a new lower cooking grate for the 28” WSM and new cooking grates for the 14” WSM!

Attachments

• 6E6BC917-D9E6-47D3-895F-57B931371718.jpeg
    6E6BC917-D9E6-47D3-895F-57B931371718.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 5
  • 5DB76C8B-B343-4136-A0AE-9C258904712F.jpeg
    5DB76C8B-B343-4136-A0AE-9C258904712F.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 5
Our neighbors across the street had a barber come over today. She cut their hair in the driveway, had a chair and table. Everyone had masks and gloves on.
It looked odd, kinda funny, because I love my neighbors, but this is probably the new way.
Perhaps they should look into one of Caractacus Pott's home haircut machines.

I've been cutting my hair for 9 years. For the first time, someone remarked last week "your hair looks nice." 😐

Side note: I was about to say 4 years and then I checked my Amazon order history. Nine years seems CRAZY.

Isn't it difficult to hold the clippers with your paws? Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised, if you've been ordering from Amazon for 9 years... ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back