How about some good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had family dinner every week since the youngest was just big enough to sit at the table, he is now 14 and closing on me height wise! Re doing the kitchen and I can’t bring myself to paint over the “height marks” in the door! I’m going to transfer the marks to a separate piece and move it to another spot.

Tim, you sound like a really warm and loving grandparent. I wish I had a "height mark" spot in my house. Yesterday they were little and rolling on the floor playing and laughing, today they are both taller than I am. How did that happen?

Good news for TVWBB is what seems to be a rather large influx of new members.
I'm seeing a lot of first time posters asking for advice on rehabbing gas grills, etc.
At times like these, you have to look for the silver lining.

Good news for TVWBB is what seems to be a rather large influx of new members.
I'm seeing a lot of first time posters asking for advice on rehabbing gas grills, etc.
At times like these, you have to look for the silver lining.
Your so right Bob.
So far, in the last 3 days, we have had 29 new members, according to Forum statistics. But.......only a few of them have introduced themselves. How about it, say hello and tell us a little bit about yourselves. We don't bite. (at least I don't lol)

Last edited:
I am turning into a teenager again. Thanks to the goofy mask requirements my face is breaking out in acne all over again at 69!

Good news, I have water again!
This morning while the road crew was grading, they managed to break my line! Put them back half a day on the project which is behind already. They felt terrible, the foreman said “Gee, the nicest guy on the block and we break HIS water line!” Since they felt so bad, I baked them a batch of cookies! Those were met with big smiles! They are working in some lousy weather the last couple of days and I thought they needed a treat.

Good news, I have water again!
This morning while the road crew was grading, they managed to break my line! Put them back half a day on the project which is behind already. They felt terrible, the foreman said “Gee, the nicest guy on the block and we break HIS water line!” Since they felt so bad, I baked them a batch of cookies! Those were met with big smiles! They are working in some lousy weather the last couple of days and I thought they needed a treat.
Very nice of you!

Like I said, the new guy started Tuesday and has been riding with me since Wednesday.
He's been asking good questions and soaking up my instructions/suggestions like a sponge!
After our run today, I gave him the keys and told him that he's driving from here on out!
While I'm happy to teach him, I'm REALLY not looking forward to shotgun in the big truck for the next week and a half! :oops:

Bob, that’s wonderful! I’m happy for you. Mine are now 18 and 14! High school graduation for the granddaughter will be interesting but, she has said that she doesn’t want a party (never has?!) but, we will do something later.

With gift cards he received over Christmas and his recent birthday (along with a little funding from Mom and Dad), our youngest decided he wanted to build a PC. We sourced all the parts over the last couple weeks and got it built yesterday. Got Windows installed and he's up and running. This was the second time I've put one of these together. Fun projects, and much simpler than you'd expect.

Tomorrow, for the first time in almost 3 months, I'm not driving the large delivery truck!
I've got to do a couple smaller runs, but I'm pretty sure that I can put them in my work F150.
If not, we have an F550 that'll handle it!

With gift cards he received over Christmas and his recent birthday (along with a little funding from Mom and Dad), our youngest decided he wanted to build a PC. We sourced all the parts over the last couple weeks and got it built yesterday. Got Windows installed and he's up and running. This was the second time I've put one of these together. Fun projects, and much simpler than you'd expect.

You don't save $$$ on the build, but get better stuff. Besides him getting a good skill, you get in-house tech support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back