Bacon made easy

No thanks needed Chuck.
That should hold you for awhile!
I like smoking it on a kettle too, easier to tend to the heat/coals.

Tony & Chuck, got to say your versions of Bob's Bacon look outstanding. Also like the idea of the kettle. I usually do two 1/3 slabs on my mini because that's all that will fit on the upper rack. Using the kettle I could get three 1/3 slabs which is what I prefer doing.

Well, WOO WOO, Costco membership was delivered by my sister in law this morning! I will gat a belly and see what kind of trouble I can get into! Maybe this week?
Choo,choo! Or maybe "Chew, chew"?

Well, WOO WOO, Costco membership was delivered by my sister in law this morning! I will gat a belly and see what kind of trouble I can get into! Maybe this week?

I have no doubt you will do fine and after your first taste you're going to wonder why you didn't jump in earlier. it really is good stuff and easy to do.

Ditto what Rich said. Read the sticky (Bob's post) at the beginning of this thread if you haven't already. It's a winner every time. Warning: you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

146fs495919.gif

Finally trying Bob's bacon recipe. Cut up 2 Costco pork belly's into 3 parts each, giving us 6 - approx 4 lbs slabs. Started the cure late last Friday. Later today (Saturday) we're judging a competition, but when we get back, the slabs will get their fresh water baths. Hoping to get them in the smoker Sunday. Fingers crossed.

So let me get this straight, Bob Bass is smoking Bob Correll's pork belly bacon.
Sounds familiar..I wonder what Claud Cooper would think of this, for those old enough too know.

Cant wait too see your pictures Bob Bass.

Last edited:
Finally tried Bob's bacon recipe, it came out great! Bought a 10lb. belly from Costco and cut into thirds. This one had brown sugar and cracked pepper on it while it smoked. Canadian bacon is next! Thanks Bob!

9F889178-2CE8-4D03-91C6-9F6AA54AFB58_zps7ye35fg1.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Back