The Humor Thread

View attachment 35350

I'm at a loss for words.

edit: forgot to include the link, in case someone has $1400 burning a hole in their pocket

There has been one of these in an Ace nearby for years. I never knew that another one existed, I always thought that it was some custom built job that someone at the store had made.

Sometimes you just need to use what you’ve got!
Yup...... decades back, three of us had hiked back into the woods next to a water fall (better part of a mile,) gathered up a little dead wood, and in a clear space (yes, we had buckets,) built a small fire and grilled steaks over an old bicycle rim, using the spokes for the grill. Worked pretty darned good, and yes, we did make sure to douse the fire thoroughly before we walked away.

Yup...... decades back, three of us had hiked back into the woods next to a water fall (better part of a mile,) gathered up a little dead wood, and in a clear space (yes, we had buckets,) built a small fire and grilled steaks over an old bicycle rim, using the spokes for the grill. Worked pretty darned good, and yes, we did make sure to douse the fire thoroughly before we walked away.

Did you bring the bike rim, or just find it laying around?

Years ago when I was an Army cook, I got left overnight on a field expedition to the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay.
While they were kind enough to leave MRE's for everyone🤢, the lieutenant in charge decided against those. Good choice sir!
Lt. Whateverhisnamewas headed into the small town that was there and bought steaks and beer.
He also ran into some fishermen coming in for the day and bought some conch.
We made a fire in a barrel and cooked over a chunk of chain link fence. The conch was simply prepared using butter, S&P and hot sauce, cooked in a foil boat.
Probably the best meal I'd fixed at that point in my life!

Way back-----------like late '60s, a friend and I used to fish several small beaches off of San Francisco's Lands End. Many of these beaches were only accessible at low tide, so you were going to be there for 10 t0 12 hours. The fishing and crabbing was great, and mussels abundant. Most of the beaches had mangled shopping carts that had been thrown off of the cliffs above. One of those and some driftwood, meant we dined on fresh seafood.

Back