I shop
I cook the sides
I cook the main course
I set flatware et al
I make sure there is plenty of ice
I serve
I make sure that all are served and content
I do the tear down
I do the dishes and make up the “take away” containers.

Such rubbish as this is so dated it really shook my wife’s tree!
<sound>whipcrack</sound>;)

<sound>whipcrack</sound>;)
Nope, I just prefer doing it, I was raised differently from my wife and she had to do all that for her first husband after working all day so, when we got together, I said I’d never dated a woman I could not out cook so, she symbolically handed me the keys to the stove! She has not had to fix dinner in over 30 years unless I was out of town or sick.
She was forced into the kitchen, for me, it’s an escape.
Call it what you will but, if I’m cooking, I need to know where everything is and it’s status. If someone else does the dishes, they might put it away someplace I don’t want it!

Nope, I just prefer doing it, I was raised differently from my wife and she had to do all that for her first husband after working all day so, when we got together, I said I’d never dated a woman I could not out cook so, she symbolically handed me the keys to the stove! She has not had to fix dinner in over 30 years unless I was out of town or sick.
She was forced into the kitchen, for me, it’s an escape.
Call it what you will but, if I’m cooking, I need to know where everything is and it’s status. If someone else does the dishes, they might put it away someplace I don’t want it!
There's more than a little truth there, Timothy (or Tim, if'n you prefer.) My g/f are nearly the same way, although she generally is on KP.

J, she often offers to do pull KP but, she is 8 years my senior and suffers terribly from arthritis, my various aches and pains are nothing in comparison.
It’s just easier.

Back