RIP: Bob Correll

Very sad news - I've not "known" Bob for that long but really enjoyed his posts, and had hopes of maybe meeting him a get together someday.
My condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace Bob.

I knew Bob hadn't been posting much lately.
A man that I truly respected for his BBQ skills. And class.
May you rest in peace Bob. Our thoughts are with his family.

This is really sad news. I see I’m not alone in feeling that he was such a great guy and beloved member of TVWBB. Looks like everyone has a memory of a good interaction here with him. RIP Bob, and thoughts and prayers to his family

Bob just had that no BS sense of humor that drew you in, his banter with Jim Lampe was always humorous and fun,
his cooks top notch. He will be missed. Condolences to Family and friends...
TVWBB has lost one of the best forum members...

It hurts to know now that Diane and I will never meet Bob in person. He was my link to the St. Louis area (having been born there and being raised on pork steaks) and reading his posts about barbecuing always took me back there.

Rest in peace Bob and our condolences to his family. Truly a man to respect and learn from.

Bob and I shared a love for what he called McBob's and mine are called McRich's. I was always amazed at the creativity of his cooks espically the McBob's, they were always creative and over the top good. I know I copied quite a few of them. I've been making them for over 40 years and Bob about the same.
So today to celebrate his life I made a couple for our breakfast using the homemade bacon he taught me how to make and of course his signature slice of tomato.
I also make his jerky recipe which is outstanding.
Bob may be gone but his legacy will live on.

101_7286.JPG

101_7287.JPG

I was so bummed to hear this news. Bob was a super guy and will be sorely missed. I learned a lot from him over the years and I am sure he is up in heaven grilling up some good eats and playing ball with Brooke right now.

Bob’s posts were always interesting and frequently funny and I looked forward to reading them. It is people like him that make this forum the Great place it is. I will miss him! Condolences to his family and thanks Jim for letting us know.

Beautiful post Jim he spoke about you often and considered you a very close friend. I will be making a post on here later next week with photos of the cook I do for his funeral reception as well as a compilation of some old photos. Anyone Feel free to send me your favorites, of his posts I’ve been searching around here all day but he had a lot of them. Thank you Jim and everyone for the sweet comments he will truly be missed.

Ouch! I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He had sharp wit and informative posts. I'll miss him on the sardine thread. 😞

My condolences to the family. When I first purchased a used ranch kettle I was searching the site for tips on how to use it and came across this post: https://tvwbb.com/threads/my-old-ranch-kettle-is-being-put-to-good-use.47801/ It stuck in my mind not for the content but rather this picture
View attachment 48340
When I read of Bob’s passing I had to find it. RIP Bob, you will be missed.
This is my favorite picture on us together. I always loved cooking but he was the person who showed me the world of barbecue and it’s been my life ever since.

Back