My old Ranch kettle is being put to good use

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
In 2010 I bought a used RK off CL.
Cooked on it maybe 3 or 4 times in 3 years, it was just bigger than I needed.

Sold it this past summer, for what I paid for it, to our nephew's father-in-law.
It's The Grill he has wanted for years.
He has family & friends over often, and has apparently cooked on it about every week since, loves it.

This weekend, via email, I helped step him through cooking 10 lbs. of baby backs.
The report came back: "They turned out great!"

As a Weber fanboy, it makes me feel good that it's being used often, and appreciated.
I still have the memory and pics from my first cook on it with my grandson.

100_3323.JPG

Have always thought that a RK would be fun to have, but with just the
2 of us at home now just a little bit more than we need.

As Scorpio said to Dirty Harry when he pulled out that Smith model 29, "My...that's a BIG one!"

I would have done the same thing you did. I don't need one that big but if a family member could use it, I'd rather see it get used. Good job.

Great story Bob..glad it went to a good home!! I have wanted a 26
And a ranch but I'm afraid they wouldn't get used much...I can dream though!

Thanks for sharing Bob... Always great to pass things on to family that one is not using... I have wanted a Ranch Kettle for sometime now as it would be great for big family gathering and block parties that I end up cooking for everyone!

CM

bob that's a great combination of memories you have: the RK staying in the ' family' plus cooking out w your grandson.

don't lift the lid...

Very cool to have it go to someone in the family who can definitely use it! Nice job.

Cheers!
Barret

Just a bump to show my old Rancher in action by our nephew's FIL.
Nephew says he uses it all the time.

Load of pork steaks:
1488145_10202753546934047_3295900464985758135_n.jpg

Back