Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard airlines have cancelled up to 60% of the domestic flights and 90% of the international flights. I didn't really think about it untill you mentioned it but the shy has been eerily quiet.

I live right near KRFD which is one of the busiest hubs in the US for UPS, Amazon Prime and Fed Ex. The sound of turbo fans is pretty constant for us and I am glad for it

We live about 6 miles from Dulles Airport - just about right under the flight path. Normal morning and evening traffic is a plane about every 60 seconds. Traffic is down probably 75% now. My sister-in-law 'escaped' from Malaysia last week and arrived Saturday evening. She said Dulles was empty. It is very similar to 9/11. That being said, a plane is flying over now - first one in about ten minutes.

No planes going over us ether.
Was way over due for my finger prick to check my INR reading for my Warfarin decide I don't need to have a major problem with my blood thinner. Went to the lab to have it checked thinking if the place was mobbed like usual I would pass. When I walked in I was the only one there. Lots of people smarter than me I guess, but I was in and out in 5 minuets. All was well.

Rich, Warfarin is nothing to mess around with, keep on top of your INR checks. There are home kits available for it, your clinic should be able to get you set up for that.

Well, here in LaPlata county where we live, 3 known cases that we know of. The authorities say that the way it spreads there will be 3000 cases by mid April. And we go from there. They closed Mesa Verde (finally). Looks likes its going to be a lovely war & that's exactly what this is. By the way people that follow Nostradamus say he predicted this 500 years ago. I read the prediction a few days ago. It was absolutely chilling. He says before this is done it will kill millions. The last line talks about brother & sister hovering down far from each other. You know like not being able to travel to get back to each other. Whats going to happen when this virus gets into the refugee camps around the world? and you know that it will. Lack of water facilities, ect they are already doomed. And they know that its coming. After all we cant even stop it here. Really don't know what to think. Also Nostradamus predicts a land alternating quake in the western US between mid April & July. Most followers say its CA. He also predicts fire & drought as we all can now days. As I said above its going to be a long lovely war. Stay safe everyone.

I'm trying to keep my mind off of this and think positive. Watching Mark Buehrle's perfect game on youtube and waiting for warm weather.
Oh and having a few brews while making green chili stew.:)
Tim

Our town is supposed to go shelter-n-place tomorrow night at midnight. I'm not sure as a copier technician if we are considered essential or not. It's kind of a grey area and basically up to my boss to decide. My wife as a nurse is definitely essential. I look back with fondness to 2 weeks ago when my biggest problems were my kid changing day cares and starting t-ball.

We live about 6 miles from Dulles Airport - just about right under the flight path. Normal morning and evening traffic is a plane about every 60 seconds. Traffic is down probably 75% now. My sister-in-law 'escaped' from Malaysia last week and arrived Saturday evening. She said Dulles was empty. It is very similar to 9/11. That being said, a plane is flying over now - first one in about ten minutes.
I was supposed to fly out of Dulles yesterday morning. We canceled that flight last week. Fortunately the golf courses are still open (with myriad precautions and no clubhouse access) and there's plenty of room between me and the people I play with. I walk the course with my own cart. I don't come into contact with anyone. Walking that 7.5 miles a few times a week has been refreshing.

Our town is supposed to go shelter-n-place tomorrow night at midnight. I'm not sure as a copier technician if we are considered essential or not. It's kind of a grey area and basically up to my boss to decide. My wife as a nurse is definitely essential. I look back with fondness to 2 weeks ago when my biggest problems were my kid changing day cares and starting t-ball.

If there's a silver llining, maybe all of us can appreciate the good life we live in America .

Our state went essential businesses only this week. I'm set up with remote operation of my pc in the office and with that and the telephone, I really am able to do everything I can in the office. In fact, I've gotten more done each day than I normally do. I even set up my work station out on the deck this afternoon figuring I'd enjoy the bright sunshine and moderately warm weather until my laptop battery died or the rain hit, whichever happened first (it was the rain).

It is a bit odd as we have a daughter in elementary, a daughter in high school, and one in college; all doing remote education from home while my wife and I telecommute. During lunch yesterday, I was reviewing a report a co-worker wrote, one daughter was applying for a job on her campus assuming they eventually make it back, one daughter was face-timing with her class group working on math homework, and the other was live streaming her Spanish class; all at the table with soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. While I don't think I want to do this permanently, it is pretty nice in some ways, as long as we find some toilet paper within the next week and a half, which is roughly what we have will last.

Check out in the Twilight Zone;
Me & the wife went to the small Super Market over in Ignacio this morning. Its not far from where we live. We went early to beat the crowds. Got there & not many people there. This little super market was rebuilt 3-4 years ago. Nice big isles & stocked well. My kind of store. Anyways we find 95% of the stuff that we need & go to check out. There is only one check out isle with one checker on each side in this store. There was only one checker working & there was a small line with 3-4 people waiting. We come up to check out & this little kid says "I know what to do" & opens up the other side. He must have been 8-9 years old with his little brother right beside him. I'm like yea right. I tell the wife I'll wait in the truck to stay away from people, I was assuming a adult will be there to take care of this. A short time later, Deb gets to the truck with our grub. So I had to ask Did help come along? No, she says the little man checked her groceries out & his little brother bagged them and away she went. Cute picture, but those 2 youngsters shouldn't be at the checkstand with the virus running rampet. But those 2 little guys sure knew what to do. I think that their mom owns the store.
Have a nice weekend everybody, stay safe.

Russ, that is a great story! Kids are a lot smarter than some of us want to admit. As a grandfather, I have learned that there are some things that schools do not teach, only parents and grandparents. The youth is our hope for the future, my grand children have learned a few things either from or despite me.
There is hope!
We will all be fine!
Well, as long as I get some Meyers rum before my wife wants a cocktail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back