75th Birthday Cook

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Spent the day moving and cleaning grills, getting too old for that kind of work :(
Decided to do a marinated rib eye for my 75th birthday.
Really wanted to cook it up on my Jumbo Joe project but it’s not quite ready for prime time yet. So, the E320 got the call.
Really a nice day 81 and no wind, grilling season is here.
Steak and first of the season corn turned out great. So did the gin martinis.

101_7663.JPG

101_7664.JPG

101_7667.JPG

101_7670.JPG

101_7673.JPG

Well, I will be celebrating your birthday (slightly belatedly) this evening with a similar menu but, “Dog food” standing rib roast instead of the steak. Adding Yorkshire pudding to the mix as well (at the gentle prodding of TonyUK😉), looking forward to a nice dinner!

Rich that is one of my favorite loaded plates, just wish it was mine. Good job on thec75 cook, here is to many,many more.

Again, thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. This is such a great forum. I'm coming up on ten years as a member and it's been a great ten years interacting with all of you.

Happy birthday! Solid cook - curious what you are up to with your Jumbo Joe?
At 75 I'm slowing down and with it being just Barb and myself I don't need to be firing up the performer for two chicken thighs and a couple of ears of corn. I had a Jumbo Joe before and mistakenly sold it when we were downsizing our grills.
What I'm doing is converting an old silver B frame to be a cart for the JJ. Also making a vortex from a SS dog bowl to fit the JJ and modifying a grill grate to use with the vortex.
The JJ uses less charcoal and is much easier to clean than the performer. Plus, it's big enough to do both direct and indirect cooks.
Just making life a little easier for this old man. :)

Back