Who will admit to liking steak sauce?

I use A1 next to the steak occasionally. When I make my own ground chuck burgers I mix A1 in the meat and it gives a little boost to the burgers. At least, that's what my grandsons say.

That's interesting. I've not looked for this at the supermarket. I see it sold online, but it's not shown on the Heinz website.

Checking comments on Amazon, most reviews are from 3-4 years ago. Most recent from earlier this month says, "Love this steak sauce, and it’s hard to find in the grocery stores!! I found it the first time, at a Walmart. After that, they hadn’t stocked it when I went back for more! I checked out 4 other local groceries that day, and no luck! I had to buy it on line!"

Maybe the items being sold online are from old stockpiles? Some prices are ridiculously high.
I'm currently in Mission, TX and I have found it in Walmart and HEB. And it's actually a product stocked at eye level, not at your ankles. I admit, when I get down to about half a bottle, I buy another for a backup. I have a recipe for a very similar product to the L&P steak sauce. It's called "Michael's Steak sauce". It's really quite good so if I can no longer find the latest H57 sauce, I will break down and make a batch of this. It makes a very large batch but I usually make a half batch.
Michael's Steak Sauce​

Yields: 6

Ingredients
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup onion minced
1/2 cup tomato paste tomato paste
1 1/2 cups raisin paste or whole raisin paste or whole
-raisins
4 1/4 cups cold water cold water
1 tablespoon garlic minced
1 1/4 cups balsamic vinegar balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons applesauce applesauce
5 tablespoons roasted garlic paste roasted garlic paste
1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder dried
-mustard
1/4 cup corn syrup corn syrup
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons salt salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons Horseradish grated

Instructions
Place extra-virgin olive oil in large sauce pot over medium high heat, add onions and reduce heat to medium. Saute onions until golden brown then add tomato paste, cook for 1 minute. Turn heat back to high, add remaining ingredients with exception of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer ingredients for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat, place into blender* and puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper. If the mixture is not smooth enough add a few teaspoons of water and puree until smooth. * When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth. ** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. ** ** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com ** Exported from Home Cookin 6.46 (www.mountain-software.com)

A1 is good stuff.

When I was single years ago sometimes a dinner might consist of a big hamburger patty........ The size of a dinner plate about 3/8 inch thick...... Fried and eaten with A1 and instant mashed potatoes

We used to go to a alehouse in Aurora that served a steak sampler platter. They would cut up a sirloin or ribeye into bite sizes chunks and serve it with 4-5 different homemade steak dipping sauces.
We always enjoyed it while having a brew.
As far as store-bought has any one tried Dales' steak sauce?

Personally, I cannot admit to liking steak sauce itself - I find it overpowers whatever I put it on (well, on meatloaf it is OK). But I will use "HP Sauce" in many recipes where they ask for Worcestershire sauce.

I like A-1 regular , more so the thick and hearty version... country bobs sauce is also good on pork chops -burgers-steaks...I only buy higher end 1-1/2" to 2" thick steaks from a local specialty meat shop but I still put some sauce on it

A1 is a bit too salty for my taste so I usually go with the H57. It has a nice almost smokey flavor to it and I'm not gonna lie usually every time I have steak I usually dip it in H57. However my absolute favorite way to eat it is butter and rosemary!

HP sauce is a part of my beef stew recipe, but it seems a little too sweet for a steak, to me anyway. I like A-1 quite a bit on leftover steak, but don't use it often on fresh cooked.

I have been putting a little horseradish on my plate lately for steak, and mix it in to my mashed spuds too.

I have A-1 in the fridge. a dab on the plate (not smothered on top) that I can dip every four or five bites in. good on burgers, too. Just a dab.

We usually don't buy steak sauce but when we feel like having some a simple mix of ketchup and worchestershire makes a good substitute

Back