Oh Happy Days!

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
The powers to be finally lifted the fire restrictions on charcoal which have been in force since late April.
I brought the performer out of its coma and made a couple of cooks.
A cook of KFC and a nice ribeye the next night.
The white smoke of KBB never smelled so good.

The KFC was grilled using the vortex and two chunks of cherry for smoke it was served with my cheesy potatoes cooked on the E320 and some steamed veggies.

The ribeye lightly seasoned with a lite coating of SPOG and was cooked with red oak for smoke, served with sautéed mushrooms and onions and leftover cheesy potatoes.

Here are some pictures of the cooks.

101_5992.JPG

101_5996.JPG

101_5998.JPG

101_6003.JPG

101_6013.JPG

101_6017.JPG

101_6021.JPG

101_6029.JPG

101_6032.JPG

101_6036.JPG

Stay Safe.

You haven't lost your charcoal touch, Rich! Looks excellent.....enjoy your somewhat brief charcoal season!!! :)

R

Way to come back strong Rich! I bet you have quite a stock of charcoal left.
Thanks Pat it felt great to use it again. I had 26 bags of various brands of charcoal, sold all but 6 to make room for some pellets for the Camp Chef. I figured that after selling all my charcoal grills and WSM except for the performer which I can only use about six months of the year in the winter. I didn't need 26 bags of charcoal. It was weird I put out 20 bags in the driveway with the prices on the bags which was pretty much what I paid for them they were all sold in about 4 hours.

I L:love:ve You Rich Dahl!!

You Make All The Great Food I Love To Eet!! eet.gif
Happy the fire ban was lifted!!!

Back