Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our governor just issued a stay at home but it seems like everyone is somehow essential.

I read a report last week that out of all employees in this state, 78% are considered to be critical/essential. That's an awfully high number.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a federal contractor whose office has been closed. I cannot work remotely due to the type of work we perform. So my company has told us to use our vacation, admin leave (which has to be made up) or LWOP. Hoping that the CARES Act allows them to modify our contract and allow us to get paid because I was already told we're out at least until May.

In the meantime, golf courses are still open. I've got my own push cart so I don't need to have any contact with anyone. Since I've been out I've walked seven rounds, which is over 52 miles. I guess that's a good thing.

And the new SmokeFire is getting its workout too. The more I cook the more I need to keep walking.

Missouri has jumped from its first known case, about a month ago, to 1,582 with 22 deaths.
Three local grocery store workers have tested positive, 2 at one store.
It gets a little scary when your food handlers start getting the virus.

Last edited:
Missouri has jumped from its first know case, about a month ago, to 1,592 with 22 deaths.
Three local grocery store workers have tested positive, 2 at one store.
It gets a little scary when your food handlers start getting the virus.

Yes it does. At Wegman's on Monday, they were good about distancing people in the checkout lines. However, you're still elbow to elbow with others in some areas (produce, in particular), and practically face to face with your cashier. They are wiping down the register area and belt in between each customer. Now they just need to keep employees and patrons from breathing on each other.

My daughter's remote live Spanish class was canceled yesterday because her teacher apparently has it. Well, the doctors told her that's what it is, but she does not meet the requirements to actually be tested. They think she caught it from her daughter who is also a student at the school.

A local guy was just got popped for price gouging. Seems all through February he went around to all big box hardware and smaller hardware / construction suppliers and bought out N95 masks (several thousand) to resell on eBay and Amazon at a healthy markup. This led to a local shortage of masks.
He was charged under the "Alaska Unfair Trade Practices Act" for price gouging.

The State Attorney General just presented Menards with a second “cease and desist” order about their SALE advertising promoting too many people gathering. The first was for price gouging on cleaning products! Some places just don’t think beyond their own bottom line!

Was listening to this head of Northwestern Medicine on the radio this am. He said for someone under 60 the flu is far more serious than the Covid bu the other way around over 60.

I was just texting with our Nephew ( who's also a carpenter). They been working 12-14-16 hr days setting up drive thru testing sites and overflow tents for ER's for 26 hospitals in the last few weeks in Chicago, Cook County, NW Indiana.
Next week they are working on temp morgues..
This is getting way beyond serious folks. Stay the hell away from everyone if you can.

Tim

I read a report last week that out of all employees in this state, 78% are considered to be critical/essential. That's an awfully high number.
I just heard a forecast of peak unemployment at 32%. With that 68% will still be working. Still a high number.

Here in OKC, price of eggs has doubled. I have no problem with that, its a farm commodity and supply/ demand is setting the price. People are hoarding eggs and its driving up the price.

The price going up is a good thing. It will make it more expensive to hoard. Even hoarders will have limits as to how much they pay. If they want to stock their garage refrigerator with eggs, it will cost them. Which will make eggs available to everyone.

Eggs are now priced at their current value, which will make people treat them accordingly.

I don't care what the price is, I just want to see eggs available to purchase. This is the worst part of what we're going through, is worrying whether our every day basic items will be available.

I don't care what the price is, I just want to see eggs available to purchase. This is the worst part of what we're going through, is worrying whether our every day basic items will be available.

You're right. We have not changed out shopping practices - only buying what we need for a few days. But when you turn the corner at the meat case and see it empty it's rather unsettling. We're fine with the paper products being empty as we're usually stocked pretty well on that anyway. The last few days our stores seem to be returning a little more to a normal state.

Here in OKC, price of eggs has doubled. I have no problem with that, its a farm commodity and supply/ demand is setting the price. People are hoarding eggs and its driving up the price.

The price going up is a good thing. It will make it more expensive to hoard. Even hoarders will have limits as to how much they pay. If they want to stock their garage refrigerator with eggs, it will cost them. Which will make eggs available to everyone.

Eggs are now priced at their current value, which will make people treat them accordingly.

Don't forget, EASTER in 10 days. I'm sure parents are still going to fix Easter baskets.

Found some stew beef at Harris Teeter today. Chicken and pork is making a comeback, and eggs are in stock. Stores are not that crowded, and I believe more folks are ordering online since virus deaths / infections are moving upward. One thing puzzles me though, South Carolina has a higher death rate than NC even though the palmetto state has a smaller population.

Paper products are still in short supply - particularly paper towels. My stock is thinning out, and I may have to resort to cloth towels.

Found some stew beef at Harris Teeter today. Chicken and pork is making a comeback, and eggs are in stock. Stores are not that crowded, and I believe more folks are ordering online since virus deaths / infections are moving upward. One thing puzzles me though, South Carolina has a higher death rate than NC even though the palmetto state has a smaller population.

Paper products are still in short supply - particularly paper towels. My stock is thinning out, and I may have to resort to cloth towels.
Rusty, With the route I’m on now, I deliver to a local Food Lion almost every day. I check the store to kind of see how well they are keeping stock. The last several days, the meat section has been almost fully stocked, the bread isle is fully stocked, and I think the water is getting back to normal. The paper products isle, not so much! Still as empty as the streets should be. I would love to be able to make it to Sam’s to see if I could score a brisket or ribs, but the chances of that happening are slim to none, and slim just left town. Stay safe, and be well,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back