Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your experience certainly is statistically unlikely, but not impossible. Years ago, I worked on the jury pool application (where I both lived and worked,) and it was as random as we could make it, including both host randomization functions as well as hand entered randomization.

My client has decreed that anybody able to WFH through April 1 will do so. Access tomorrow should only be for the items necessary to work remotely.

Talking to people here in town, there are a lot of people with big concerns. The diner was practically deserted at lunch, and even the dentist's office is hearing that they may be required to close (in spite of all of the good practices they've been following for years.)

Yep, the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Train is off track now too. It should have been stopped weeks ago.
All the restaurants & Bars over in the Denver area are closed for the next 8 weeks.

Summit County (Park City) is the same - a lot of restaurants in other areas are closing their dining rooms and just doing delivery, curbside pickup, or drive thru.

I had a vendor in NY call to clarify an order & he said same thing there, everything (bars/restaurants/movies) are closed in NY, New Jersey, Connecticut.

My client has decreed that anybody able to WFH through April 1 will do so. Access tomorrow should only be for the items necessary to work remotely.

Talking to people here in town, there are a lot of people with big concerns. The diner was practically deserted at lunch, and even the dentist's office is hearing that they may be required to close (in spite of all of the good practices they've been following for years.)

I wondered about dentists - I wouldn't want to be one right now.

Last edited:

My company announced last week that people were encouraged to work from home if they could. Today it was: "you will work from home unless deemed mission critical". I work in a connected complex of 4 buildings. Only entrances to two of them will be open until further notice and they are screening for fever at the entrances to those two buildings.

My company announced last week that people were encouraged to work from home if they could. Today it was: "you will work from home unless deemed mission critical". I work in a connected complex of 4 buildings. Only entrances to two of them will be open until further notice and they are screening for fever at the entrances to those two buildings.

I'm not aware that my client is going to be screening at any of the 3 buildings on the HQ campus, but unless I'm required on-site, I'd be asked some very probing questions. There are requirements about not showing symptoms, temperature checks, etc.

It's pretty hard to replace a failed DIMM on a cell board from 50 miles away, though.

I'm hunkered down at home and will stay that way as I pray my lovely wife doesn't bring me home a present I don't want. We live in Yavapai county in the high country and so far no reported cases here. Only 18 cases so far in AZ all in the lower county areas ( Phoenix area, we are a hundred miles at least away from those areas).
The pups love having me hang out with them but I'm getting bored out of my gourd and about the 90th time I throw the ball I'm done and more crappy weather coming. Can't even work outside....hate it!
But when I think of what some of the rest of the world is going through I certainly have no right to complain.

We’re now ordered to shelter in place until April 7. Only necessary trips out for necessities. Ok to take walks. A few other exceptions. This is getting real.

Yep we are now on lock down. Crazy times! Long lines at the gun stores, longer lines at the grocery store. Now no work for 3 weeks, people gonna get weird.

This article says healthy non-immune-compromised people can recover from CV in about 3 days.

I'm sure this will come out wrong, but after seeing that, why does everyone have to social-isolate instead of just them?

I see the devastation going on around the world and all the deaths, I'm just disturbed about what's happening with the imminent slowdown, how I'll cope, my friends/family who are in the service industry who don't have good benefits, their landlords, other friends/family who are facing layoffs or reduced hours, who were already just getting by financially---------I fear evictions and repossessions. The economic threat is looming large.

This article's interactive chart shows we'll reduce total deaths by 724,000 with this intervention... 311,000 deaths instead of 1,035,000.

I think it's about here.

This article says healthy non-immune-compromised people can recover from CV in about 3 days.

I'm sure this will come out wrong, but after seeing that, why does everyone have to social-isolate instead of just them?
I get where you're coming from, but part of the problem is that infected people can be contagious before symptoms actually appear.

Then again, I'm a confirmed misanthrope and would have no problem self-isolating.;)

Glad my freezer was stocked before the panic set in. I stopped by Sam's Club today, and there was no rubbing alcohol, no peroxide, very little water, not much meat (some cases were empty), canned veggies were low, and I assume the Clorox Cleanup was gone too, but I just glanced down the isle.

Early last week, I had a hunch things would get worse, and I stocked up a few items like peroxide, but I usually keep a lot of the above items on hand anyway. Ordinarily, Monday afternoons are very light in customer traffic, but today looked like a Saturday. I didn't even bother going to Walmart. Food Lion was packed out Sunday night, and their meat case was getting bare as well.

Looks like folks are hunkering down.

Has it been proven that N-95 masks are useless for the virus? I purchased a box of 20 (3M brand) for yard work sometime back.

When I ran a burn table, I used to wear an N-100 silicone half-mask with screw-in cartridges. No torch dust got through that mask for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back