Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel better Chris. I think statistically the odds are VERY slight but guess you never know. Our illustrious governor here in IL has just closed ALL resteraunts, bars and other types of hospitality for next 2 weeks so don't come here if you want to eat out. UGH. But yet I have a summons for jury duty and I have COPD, kidney failure and diabetes. But I can't go out for a meal
That's pretty much how things are going here as well. As for jury duty, you are currently the primary caregiver of a child, so you can go online, or mail in to have that delayed if your jury duty laws are similar to ours. That's if the timeline for having it delayed has not already passed for you.

The order to stop selling is funny. Now what are they going to do with thousands of dollars worth of stuff they can't move.

It will go to a warehouse, as its now evidence.

Same thing happened to the Kentucky guys generators ................ they were confiscated instead of going to people who wanted them. Nobody got a generator once the government got involved.

I don't think all of the Milo Minderbinder's of the world , are bad people. Profits provide a huge incentive that can easily out weigh altruism.

Just think it out.

What scares me to death is Barb working as a cashier at Safeway being exposed to literally hundreds of people a day
Hide that woman's car keys!

Jo had surgery recently, and I have some health issues, so we've decided to totally self isolate.
No unnecessary contact with other people, including family members.
Our daughter-in-law is a nurse at a large hospital here, I can only imagine the hell she may have to go through soon. The more we can slow this thing down, the better the healthcare workers can, hopefully, keep up.
To the younger generation not taking this threat seriously, please think again.

To the younger generation not taking this threat seriously, please think again.
In the excellent article posted by Clint earlier today, the physicians say there's no reason to panic, but also "This is a Pearl Harbor moment for our country." I take that to mean it's a public health war that requires all of us to make sacrifices over the next few weeks or months to "bend the curve" down to ensure our healthcare system does not buckle under the strain of Covid-19 cases, as has been the case in Italy recently.

I wondered earlier if I had it- I was getting shortness of breath just a little. It might've just been anxiety, but I poured out my coffee, said no more for a little while. My thermapen says 98f, I'll have a proper med thermometer delivered tomorrow. I kind of hope I do have it, and that it's mild, so I can get along with my life without being a risk to others.

I don't get very sick, but I've felt a little off for ~3 weeks. I'd sure like to take the test but I'll wait until there's a surplus.

Sure glad there are people out there, such as Operation BBQ Relief, that aren't there for themselves....
If these price gougers where truely interested in helping, per the video, they would have purchased those same generators and just charge the price they paid for them plus any transportation costs.... Making money off of one's suffering is not good citizenship...

That's pretty much how things are going here as well. As for jury duty, you are currently the primary caregiver of a child, so you can go online, or mail in to have that delayed if your jury duty laws are similar to ours. That's if the timeline for having it delayed has not already passed for you.
Oddly in the primary questionnaire they send out I explained on being a primary care giver of a child of 9, and also a caregiver of a 93 yo dad but they still ended up sending me a summons. Also other thing I don't get about our county. I have lived here since 1992. Since moving here I get jury duty every 2 years like clockwork yet I know dozens of folks who've lived here all their lives and never been called ***? I am going to call the courthouse and explain the health issues I face along with the care giver issues and see what happens
Meantime we're out of toilet paper so I built this
Bidet.jpg

Jo had surgery recently, and I have some health issues, so we've decided to totally self isolate.
No unnecessary contact with other people, including family members.
I visit my elderly (83 & 81) parents 2 or 3 times a month to take care of things around their house, but because I could potentially be a carrier I'm going to stop unless it's absolutely necessary. They live only 5 minutes from a Schnuck's grocery store but I'm going to encourage them to use the delivery service for the time being as well.

My department here at work has 3 people in the office; starting tomorrow and going through the end of the month we're going to be rotating so that there's only 1 of us here and 2 are working from home.

Two of our son's work at the water treatment plant across the river. The volume of wastewater has grown substantially over the last week, so you could say that people are washing hands more often.
Which is a good thing.

Tim

Oddly in the primary questionnaire they send out I explained on being a primary care giver of a child of 9, and also a caregiver of a 93 yo dad but they still ended up sending me a summons. Also other thing I don't get about our county. I have lived here since 1992. Since moving here I get jury duty every 2 years like clockwork yet I know dozens of folks who've lived here all their lives and never been called ***? I am going to call the courthouse and explain the health issues I face along with the care giver issues and see what happens
Meantime we're out of toilet paper so I built this
View attachment 1191

I'm 72 years old and lived in three different states and I've never been called for jury duty. Barb has been called lots of times.

Y'know, as long as we're talking about washing our hands there are 2 things that really bug me:

Faucets that can't be easily operated with an elbow. After I've washed my hands the last things I want to touch are contaminated handles. Even better are foot-operated faucets like those found in many medical facilities.

Push-to-get-in and pull-to-get-out bathroom doors. They should be just the opposite so I don't have to grab a contaminated door pull after I've washed my hands; usually I grab the pull with some sort of paper product in my hand to reduce contact with my skin.

I explained on being a primary care giver of a child of 9, and also a caregiver of a 93 yo dad but they still ended up sending me a summons.
The courts get so many excuses from so many people about why they can't serve on a jury, the judges want to get you into the courtroom so they can evaluate the veracity of your claims. They push back on you pretty hard, at least that's been my observation the few times I've been through the process.

I'm 72 years old and lived in three different states and I've never been called for jury duty. Barb has been called lots of times.

Funny. Both my wife and I have been in Virginia since before we were old enough to be jurors. I've been called once, when I was in college. She gets called every 4-5 years.

Y'know, as long as we're talking about washing our hands there are 2 things that really bug me:

Faucets that can't be easily operated with an elbow. After I've washed my hands the last things I want to touch are contaminated handles. Even better are foot-operated faucets like those found in many medical facilities.

Push-to-get-in and pull-to-get-out bathroom doors. They should be just the opposite so I don't have to grab a contaminated door pull after I've washed my hands; usually I grab the pull with some sort of paper product in my hand to reduce contact with my skin.

I'm with ya, Brad. I will leave the water running while I dry my hands, then shut off with a paper towel in my hand. Same with the door handles. I've noticed in recent years, a lot of places now place a trash can by the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back