Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday they announced that spring break was moving from the middle of April to the week after next.
Today, the governor ordered all schools closed until the 30th.
Pammi and I were wondering if they are going to have to make those days up or if they're going to be forgiven?
And, even though I've been back in the big truck for the last couple weeks, I was wondering about my job as a travelling CS rep.
Are they still going to want us to go out and about and do face to face visits?

now ski resorts are closing. I heard the restaurants around me are taking a big hit. I've watched a few videos/interviews of people who have it and are in isolation.

I am so sick of this.

Last edited:
I went to the grocery store today to get a couple of things. Of course the TP isle was empty. The rest of the store was doing okay. Some other stuff was also cleared out. Disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer. But for the most part the store was decently stocked.

Since I was only there to pick up a couple of things that's all I grabbed, plus a couple of other things because I always do when I go to the store. I never stick to my list.

On the way out I scored. I found out it was the last day to get girl scout cookies so I also got three boxes to support one of the local troops.

Here is my rational thought,. The idiots are all sitting around their stockpile of stuff. So once things get restocked it should go back to normal because the idiots will not be out buying and hoarding everything. I just hope I don't run out of TP before the restock comes.:unsure:

his man drove 1,000+ miles to hoard and scalp supplies, but now he can't find buyers. Boo-hoo.
renderTimingPixel.png

Post image

Disgusting!

I've got a bit to say about that both good and bad. But there's no way to say it without getting some sort of political.

Do you think it's small timers profiteering? A few of those clowns could certainly set a tone of urgency.

OT: I drove past the lowes & walmart by my house to see if the panic matched what I saw friends posting on fb, seemed pretty normal to me. I heard about lines at gas stations - looked normal to me (I got gas). Saw a woman with her TP or paper towel treasure walking from Lowes to her car at Walmart. She noticed me look so I didn't stare but another me would've said something funny to her (not today).

Back in 2008 I stocked up on a bunch of jerry cans (all the gas went bad and I eventually threw the cans away too @ a community hazmat pickup event or something). I tried rotating the gas once in a while but the cans just sat there stacked and full of bad gas.

A few years ago, there was a Gulf Coast hurricane. People needed generators. A guy in Kentucky bought up 20 or so generators and took them to the Gulf, and was selling them for $1,000 each. He got arrested and thrown in jail for price gouging. No one who bought a generator complained. They were happy to get a generator.

I think the only mistake he made, was not holding an auction and selling them to the highest bidder.

I don't see discussing price gouging as being political. Free market trade only becomes political, to my thinking, when it involves foreign trade. And I see many problems with free trade among countries, especially communist countries who make up their own rules.

Here is how I spent our weekend fight covid scotch and steak Saturday, homemade fettuccine with Bolognese Sunday.

Attachments

• 20200313_185859.jpg
    20200313_185859.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200313_185933.jpg
    20200313_185933.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200314_184103.jpg
    20200314_184103.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200314_185000.jpg
    20200314_185000.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 3
So, yesterday they announced that spring break was moving from the middle of April to the week after next.
Pammi and I were wondering if they are going to have to make those days up or if they're going to be forgiven?

Our county had 20 snow days in the schedule (a ridiculous amount here in the DC suburbs) and had only used one. The governor closed schools for 3 weeks, then we'll be at Spring Break - so 4 weeks off for these kids. Word now is there will be 'distance learning' taking place during this time, but none of it will be mandatory or graded. At this point, none of these days will be made up. If it goes longer than that, we'll have an issue. My buddy in Omaha told me last night that Nebraska schools are closed for 8 weeks. No details yet on how they are handling it.

Well, well as I said earlier on this thread. Looks like all sporting events are shut down. Ski areas are shut down which should have happened a month ago. But had to bring in that money. We have no cases in the southwest Colorado as of today. BUT, don't worry it will be here. Because if you have nothing to do, come to Durango town & ride the 1880 Narrow Gauge Train, its running halfway to Silverton & back. Set in those old 1880 railroad cars side by side poor ventilation. Gee, I wonder what could go wrong????? Basically its a little cruise ship on rails. I cant believe that it is still operating. Pisses me off. Everything else in the area is closed. But not the train. Sooner or later that train will spread the virus in my town. Just so they can keep making a $$$$$.

Pammi and I were wondering if they are going to have to make those days up or if they're going to be forgiven

Phil,
The Days will not have to be made up. They will be whats known as
“e-learning“ days. Basically just like an online college course.
Tim

Thanks Clint, that is one of the more sensible and knowledgeable articles I've read.
My wife and I are seniors, so I'm very concerned, not to the point of worry, yet, but it's possible that could come soon. I'm not a social creature, so it's not hard for me to self isolate, my wife is though and my job now is to convince her of the potential dangers coming.
No hoarding for us, but I am stocking up on some things (not TP). Many people are scared, that's understandable, so I don't judge those going overboard. Hopefully the folks majorly stocking up will be done soon.
Wishing the best for all of the members and their families.

So I fly from San Jose to Phoenix, stay in an air conditioned hotel room (I am convinced that those in-room systems are germ distribution systems), I attend six Spring Training baseball games in close proximity to large crowds, I meet Jim Lampe and Brad Olson and their spouses and shake their hands, one of my best friends from high school comes down and we hang out at a couple of games...constantly washing my hands and not touching my face...and on the morning of the day I’m scheduled to fly home I develop a cough and a slight fever. I don’t want to be that coughing guy on a plane, so I cancel my flight and drive back to San Jose alone, coughing my head off the whole way. When I turn in the rental car, I tell them I’m sick and they need to disinfect the car.

When I get home, I call the advice nurse at Kaiser Permanente and tell them I have flu-like symptoms. The woman says, “I have a few questions, please answer only Yes or No. Do you have shortness of breath.” I answer no. “Have you been in contact with someone known to have Covid-19?” I answer no. At that point, I’m offered to be put into a 45 minute phone queue to speak with an advice nurse about how to care for my flu symptoms. No thanks, that info is readily available online.

Medical experts say we need more testing. Odds are I have an ordinary flu. It’s common for me to get sick after traveling. Maybe I have Covid-19 but will be in that 80% without dangerous symptoms that recovers easily. I’m not tested so we will never know.

As with the flight, out of an abundance of caution I’m hunkered down at home not going anywhere or interacting with anyone because I don’t want anyone to get what I’ve got.

Last edited:
Well I was going to post something funny until i read your post Chris, hope its not Covid-19.
Keep us posted.

Thanks Clint, that is one of the more sensible and knowledgeable articles I've read.
My wife and I are seniors, so I'm very concerned, not to the point of worry, yet, but it's possible that could come soon. I'm not a social creature, so it's not hard for me to self isolate, my wife is though and my job now is to convince her of the potential dangers coming.
No hoarding for us, but I am stocking up on some things (not TP). Many people are scared, that's understandable, so I don't judge those going overboard. Hopefully the folks majorly stocking up will be done soon.
Wishing the best for all of the members and their families.

Barb and I are in the same situation as Bob and his wife. I can self isolate and it's not a problem for me. What scares me to death is Barb working as a cashier at Safeway being exposed to literally hundreds of people a day. She is very healthy, but I'm not. Even if she didn't catch anything she may pass it on to me. So far all the cases in AZ are in the valley areas around Phoenix, no known cases up here yet. Just hope it stays that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back