2016 New Weber Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, I'm less interested in the product than I am to find out how you know :confused:
You gotta figure the guy who makes the Wall Street Journal showcasing his Weber BBQ's & WSM's is going to have a connection on the inside at Weber :)

I am going to be demoing this new BBQ in April...after the big reveal. I have no idea what it is - I assume its going to be like a broil king keg - and I don't want any spoilers from the store where I will be doing the demo. One thing I can say - I was told no pellets. Otherwise, I have no idea...

No. No. I need (and You too) WSM 26"

If it is a 26 WSM here's a picture of Enrico getting his first load of lump to feed it:D

dump_truck_zps0zdgmklo.jpg

Read on another forum, someone signed up for an email list thing for Weber

http://www.weber.com/grillofalifeti...ampaign=grillofalifetime&utm_source=mailchimp

And when you sign up, the email says, thank you for signing up for the "Summit Charcoal Grill List."

Sounds like a high end charcoal grill. Metal Kamado does sound like it.

EDIT: If true, they cleaned it up after seeing that because I just signed up and didn't see any reference to that. Or the guy was just BSing

Read on another forum, someone signed up for an email list thing for Weber

http://www.weber.com/grillofalifeti...ampaign=grillofalifetime&utm_source=mailchimp

And when you sign up, the email says, thank you for signing up for the "Summit Charcoal Grill List."

Sounds like a high end charcoal grill. Metal Kamado does sound like it.

EDIT: If true, they cleaned it up after seeing that because I just signed up and didn't see any reference to that. Or the guy was just BSing

Yes, this was mentioned in another thread here on TVWBB. I've been trawling lots of forums and twitter feeds, and I think I saw someone posted a copy of their email confirmation showing "Summit Charcoal Grill List". Like for you, it was gone by the time I got around to signing-up. :)

When the 14.5" WSM came out a few years ago, they slipped up by posting the schematic on the support site before the product was announced. I keep looking for things like that.

EB73E262-D0F4-438D-B26E-D5A8260A896B_zpsvklkibty.jpg

Watched the video again in higher quality. It's clear the stainless steel box on the right has an igniter. Perhaps the box is a self contained gas assist igniter. The box could allow the closer placement to grill but protect the propane canister from the heat of the grill.

Look how thick the edge is? Also looks like there's a gasket. And the knob looks like a burner control knob on a Spirit or the smaller knob on a Summit.

Untitled-1_zpslfyqr1fv.jpg

Looks like a ceramic cooker with a smoker box attached. I'm sure I can't afford one... whatever it is

Guessing price point will be significantly higher than chargriller akorn ($350) & less than a tricked out BGE.($1200)
Hoping for $600, fearful of $750

Hmm, I wonder if they applied for a patent / or if a patent pending search would offer any clues?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back