2016 New Weber Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an email from Weber saying there will be a big announcement April 6th and that you can sign up for updates (which I did) their hashtag is: #GrillofaLifetime

"Grill of a Lifetime" is pretty heavy, hope it's not just a bunch of hype
me too.
they call it the
[h=1]Summit Charcoal Grill List[/h]

I've been scouring the web for hints of new Weber products for 2016. So far I've found these...some may be Europe only. If you have any info on new products, post here.

From http://grillen-bbq.ch/weber-grill-neuheiten-2016/

• Accessories for the Gourmet BBQ System for waffles and sandwiches.
  • Accessories for grilling potato wedges, vegetables, french fries and popcorn (may be the same as last year's rotisserie basket)
  • New entry level Spirit EO-210 gas grill

Update: Weber Europe also has a neat spiral smoking accessory, similar to the A-Maze-N pellet tray:
http://www.webergrill.dk/grillmodel.../weber-original-koldroegningsbakke-17636.aspx

Here's the UK site for those that don't speak German!
https://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product-category/cooking-accessories/

Cold smoke tray withdrawn due to legal issues

Here's that shot of the lid. Seems high relative to the grill level, it's practically at eye level. Maybe it's just a mockup to fake us out?

All Things BBQ that posted the video on Facebook says it's not a pellet grill.

Untitled-2_zpsnrutu5ry.jpg

me too.
they call it the
[h=1]Summit Charcoal Grill List[/h]

Where did you see this name, Bob? OK, now I'll answer my own question...these emails and list confirmations coming out from Weber are staggered so not everyone gets them at the same time...Bob must be on the "B" list, I'm on the "C" list because I get them after him. :)

This might imply a combo grill that can run on gas (grilling a steak for breakfast) or charcoal (smoking a brisket for 10 hours). Or maybe just an expensive, tricked out charcoal grill with gas assist bearing the Summit name?

This might imply a combo grill that can run on gas (grilling a steak for breakfast) or charcoal (smoking a brisket for 10 hours). Or maybe just an expensive, tricked out charcoal grill with gas assist bearing the Summit name?
It doesn't look like a new 26" unless that guy is bigger than he looks. I'm thinking a WSM / Grill combo of some sort

Here's that shot of the lid. Seems high relative to the grill level, it's practically at eye level. Maybe it's just a mockup to fake us out?

All Things BBQ that posted the video on Facebook says it's not a pellet grill.

Untitled-2_zpsnrutu5ry.jpg

Thanks Chris! What is catching my eye is that the rim of the lid seems kind of thick. Leads me to believe that it's insulated, i.e. Kamado.

Where did you see this name, Bob? OK, now I'll answer my own question...these emails and list confirmations coming out from Weber are staggered so not everyone gets them at the same time...Bob must be on the "B" list, I'm on the "C" list because I get them after him. :)
If that's the case, Spoiler Alert!
today's Weber recipe is:
[h=2]Smoky Pork Chile Verde[/h]
:smilekettle:

I'm sure we'll know what this is before April 6 because info always leaks...a photo gets posted on a Euro site or a dealer spills the beans anonymously.

What if it's basically a Smoke E*Z? http://smoke-ez.com/ Not an accessory, but a complete kettle grill with a short middle section containing a water pan/heat deflector for indirect cooking? Grill your steak over direct heat, then remove the cooking grate, put the middle section in place, put the cooking grate on top and smoke your brisket?

When it comes to smokers, Weber has always been big on reusing existing parts. They could make a short middle section using the 22.5" rotisserie ring.

These are just my musings...I have no inside information. Yet. :)

Almost looks like a pellet pooper / ceramic type grill. Especially with the "low and slow for 10 hours...Grill steak for breakfast..." line.

Yes, there's a lot of conjecture on a Kamado forum that it's a kamado-style grill, either ceramic or metal insulated. Mike Kempster at Weber seemed to shoot-down the idea of a ceramic grill some years ago, but who knows? An insulated metal grill makes more sense to me given Weber's history of fashioning grills out of metal.

But I keep coming back to that metal box on the right side of the photo. Unless that's intentionally meant to deceive, I think it's a pellet feeder for smoking with a gas element for high-temp grilling.

Someone told my wife that Weber has a new BBQ coming out next month and I've already heard from her......"NO!"
Too bad for her, I don't know what that means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back