2016 New Weber Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know EXACTLY what the "NEW" grill is.

and I ain't saying.

And I thought you were our friend. :(

I've been checking with sources...there are indications that over the years Weber has played with pellets, has played with infrared burners and other gas burners to augment gas-assist Performer charcoal grills, and crossed kettle grills with Summit enclosures.

Just adding jimcracks and geegaws does not improve anything. I'm not buying anything unless it is a real improvement.
Let's face it folks, this is not as hard as some people want to make you think it is. The grill gets hot, controllably hot, hopefully not too damned hot, depending on the circumstances. I don't think I need to do too much on the grill front anymore than adding an 18 WSM to the corral, maybe a gasser but, I've always been a charcoal guy.
My new ash catcher arrived yesterday and if enough snow melts today, I will install that. Which will only leave an ignoring system to add. I like the torch tip igniter on the long hose someone shared earlier.maybe a trip to harbor freight next weekend, this one has filled up pretty fast!

Just looking at it from a business point of view.
Weber dominates the mid to higher end gas grill market.
They also dominate the charcoal grill market but price point is much lower .
They have no entry in the high end charcoal grill market , mainly ceramic kamodo's
It's a big market , that the well to do casual outdoor cooker has a Green Egg as a status symbol
Summit charcoal grill carries the con nation of highest end of Weber line.
I'm guessing a metal insulated kamodo with ? Gas assist ? In the $500-$750 price range.

Chris is silent on this thread. I speculate that he already received a prototype of the Weber X and signed a nondisclosure agreement.

Hope all that smoke in the video was just drama. If it is an egg style product, I would still rather see Weber innovate rather than copy.

If that's the case, Spoiler Alert!
today's Weber recipe is:
[h=2]Smoky Pork Chile Verde[/h]
:smilekettle:

Ill be doing smokey chile verde again, as it was pretty tasty.

[video]http://vid155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Malolo_photos/IMG_2917_zpsfqpecjw2.mp4[/video]

April 6th, will somebody let the cat outa the bag before then?

Looking at video, I feel like I see a thick gasket like rim so I'm thinking a steel insulated smoker grill like a weber bubba keg.

And I thought you were our friend. :(

I've been checking with sources...there are indications that over the years Weber has played with pellets, has played with infrared burners and other gas burners to augment gas-assist Performer charcoal grills, and crossed kettle grills with Summit enclosures.

ok, ok... i'll spill.
it's a pellet pooper, just like everyone guesses it will be.
and as Bob said, most of us will say, Big Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back