2016 New Weber Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed this to Barb and her response was "don't care what it is the answer is no, the parking lot is full!" :(

The pic in post #22 seems to indicate a typical Kamado-style lid on a hinge that tilts upward when open. They are usually too heavy or bulky to lift- off, like on typical Weber Kettles or WSM. Later post pics thru smoke seem to confirm this to me.

My guess is a Weber- branded Kamado of some sort, hopefully charcoal-fed. The hype about quick grilling and long smoking is what BGE has always claimed about the versatility of their cookers.

I believe that Weber has seen that BGE and other similar cookers have gained market share at the Top-end (this has been around long enough that it is no longer just a "passing fad"). Now they feel the need to toss their hat into the ring or continue to lose a chunk of the high end, where they have traditionally done well.

Saw on another site the staring price point is $1500, can anyone confirm this? I'd like to order up a WSM22 and if whatever the new thing is costs $1500 i definitely won't be buying it.

ONLY $1,500?

The Ace where I bought my Performer had the "king daddy" version of the BGE on a welded steel cart and it was a mere $3,500 USD. Hey, it's only money....:p. (sarcasm is so much more difficult to pull-off in writing :rolleyes:)

Guess we all only have a few more days to wait (except maybe Lampe, that lucky dog...grumble....hrumph...)
Then again, I have no right to complain- I've got 3 Webers to do anything I care to cook, so whatever it is, I won't NEED it, right?

Chris is silent on this thread. I speculate that he already received a prototype of the Weber X and signed a nondisclosure agreement.

Lol, I agree!! If he could just Send me the price so I can move forward with my WSM 22.👍

I'm not buying, unless it can make good wine, beer and whiskey while I grill!
Between the 22 1/2, 18 1/2, hibachi (until I replace that with a new Smokey Joe) I have enough real estate devoted to grilling space. I'm working on my wife about an 18 WSM though.

Last edited:
I'm holding out for a 26" Platinum Performer. Do you hear me Weber? Do you feel me Weber? Get with the program and give me what I want. Oh I almost forgot, PLEASSSSSSE.

Gotta love life
Bill

So I'm a dork let's just get that out of the way.

I was all set to hit the buy now button in Amazon to order my 22" WSM and decided for fun to call Weber Customer Service and ask about this new thing and wether or not I should order the WSM. She laughed and said to definitely wait, apparently they are really happy with this new product and she said its "aimed to please".
Dang now I gotta wait till the 6th. Oh well.

Bruno, you just need to rethink your spelling of dork, when it's something like this. In this application it's spelled AFICIONADO:cool:
It's nice when the customer service people are having a little fun.
It's only a a couple more weeks, think if the buy as a really, really low slow cook!
Bill, I'd like a 26 too but, will build my own carriage or make up the rest of my hot area outdoor kitchen with a dedicated spot for that and a lovely pad for the setup in my avatar set perpendicular for access to all three grills within two steps the the cold/wet zone behind, kind of a horseshoe setup. 26 at the end, cold on the left, carriage on the right. Designing is cheap, building can get pricey!

Last edited:
ONLY $1,500?

The Ace where I bought my Performer had the "king daddy" version of the BGE on a welded steel cart and it was a mere $3,500 USD. Hey, it's only money....:p. (sarcasm is so much more difficult to pull-off in writing :rolleyes:)

Guess we all only have a few more days to wait (except maybe Lampe, that lucky dog...grumble....hrumph...)
Then again, I have no right to complain- I've got 3 Webers to do anything I care to cook, so whatever it is, I won't NEED it, right?
i'm only joking! I have no idea what it is and WHY WOULD I KNOW anyway??!! I ain't got no connections at Weber... and if i did, you think i'd spend my last few years at the same joint i've been at for nearly 30 years??
Really... I Have No Idea What This Thing Is

It's what you need that counts.
I have a chargriller kamado & all Kamado's cook similarly .
I also have an old 18 WSM.
The WSM is a better dedicated smoker.
Temps hold steady for 10 hours without adjusting or " auto temp control" The 22 in WSM holds an enormous amount .
The advantage of kamado is it's more versatile. It's a good grill ( hard to do smoke then sear) , good pizza oven , great in bad weather.
Temps do not hold as steady , tend to slowly rise during cook. Hold a moderate amount of meat
If you've got a good grill & just want a dedicated smoker still the WSM is better.

John Ford great point. I'm ordering the WSM because it's been tested and mastered by many of you. Whatever comes out in the 6th sure won't be a $399 smoker that will compliment my OTG perfectly. I'll let a few of you master this new beast and save up for one if it's a must have.
I'm placing the order tonight and of course I'll use your link Chris.

i'm only joking! I have no idea what it is and WHY WOULD I KNOW anyway??!! I ain't got no connections at Weber... and if i did, you think i'd spend my last few years at the same joint i've been at for nearly 30 years??
Really... I Have No Idea What This Thing Is

That's what I (mostly) suspected, Jim - However:
-I had been away from here for a while, and after reading about your WSD article and how you seem to be single-handedly supporting Weber via the "collection" that you have amassed; there was the glimmer of possibility that you may have landed a favorable position with them, to get advanced word on the "down-low"... (said Ron, very Tongue-In-Cheek)
-And we ALL know that even if you won the lottery - you ARE the sort of guy who would stay in your beloved Raymond crib... ;-P

Keep cookin' Bro'!

That's what I (mostly) suspected, Jim - However:
-I had been away from here for a while, and after reading about your WSD article and how you seem to be single-handedly supporting Weber via the "collection" that you have amassed; there was the glimmer of possibility that you may have landed a favorable position with them, to get advanced word on the "down-low"... (said Ron, very Tongue-In-Cheek)
-And we ALL know that even if you won the lottery - you ARE the sort of guy who would stay in your beloved Raymond crib... ;-P

Keep cookin' Bro'!
funny you should mention winning the lottery Ron....

yeah, i'd still live here, but fix my driveway, replace my entire outdoor deck, build a larger garage and professionally landscape the yard... but i'd stay here.
Buy the joint upnort we've been gawkin' at the last 3 years and dig a place in the Florida Keys Islamorada.... but yeah, i'd still live here.

funny you should mention winning the lottery Ron....

yeah, i'd still live here, but fix my driveway, replace my entire outdoor deck, build a larger garage and professionally landscape the yard... but i'd stay here.
Buy the joint upnort we've been gawkin' at the last 3 years and dig a place in the Florida Keys Islamorada.... but yeah, i'd still live here.
you forgot that you would also buy us all the new #grillofalifetime ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back