2016 New Weber Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it will be a Weber version of the green egg??. My question is...dont think it will be ceramic, at this time any weber product(grill, smoker, etc is not ceramic). We will see what kind of material is.

I can build a specific cart for the 26" so, if you just don't want that old one, I will give it a good home, I promise! And now I have a gazebo I could dedicate to it!

From the Weber UK Twitter feed:

What's the best thing about your kettle barbecue? Keep an eye out! You may just spot it in our latest innovation.

And...

We introduced our first Smoker back in 1981, and we're not done innovating it yet!

And...

When you see our global innovation on 6th April, you may just recognise a thing or two from the Performer

My piggy bank is worried that hammer in my hand spells the end for Piggy. If this new creature from Weber is 26" and a nice size work table with gas start and more, I could be brook by April 7th. Thanks Mr. Lampe for the memories. Those were very good times.

Bill

More of the same from Weber...

Ceg0cl1WwAYM7XU_zpssx8blyh4.jpg

From a post on The BBQ Brethren:

I work here as a BBQ sales rep:

www.thebbqshop.com

Early last week our rep showed us the video run down of what Weber is announcing on April 6th. If you're a charcoal lover, I'm confident you'll be excited.

Weber is going after the high-end / premium charcoal market (Green Egg, Primo, etc.)

It is NOT ceramic. It is NOT a pellet grill. This is done the "Weber" way.

Pricing - $1,999CDN / $2,499CDN depending on the model that you choose.

If this works anywhere as good as they say, I haven't been this excited for a Weber grill in a long time.

That's $1500/$1883 US dollars. <gulp>

www.thebbqshop.com

Early last week our rep showed us the video run down of what Weber is announcing on April 6th. If you're a charcoal lover, I'm confident you'll be excited.

Weber is going after the high-end / premium charcoal market (Green Egg, Primo, etc.)

If this works anywhere as good as they say, I haven't been this excited for a Weber grill in a long time.

WOW for that many US $$$$ I wonder where this great Weber product is being manufactured at? Not engineered at, manufactured at?
I haven't heard anyone bring that up. For that price I would hope that its made in the United States. But I doubt that it is.
If China is the manufacturing country. No way do I spend that much money. If I spend that much money then it will be for a grill/smoker made here in the good old US of A.
My Good One steel off set only cost $1100.

I just saw that weber tweet showing the WSM, the OTG and the Performer. It makes me very curious but at $1500 I'm priced out of it. Once we get to that kind of money I'm thinking more of getting a really nice backyard offset. We'll see though! It may turn out to just be that awesome!

www.thebbqshop.com

And I'm sure most people will just get the more expensive unit. I know I would once you start talking that much money.

Hmmm! Certainly intrigued about the 6th April announcement this side of the Atlantic.

Need to replace my 22.5" Kettle (must be at least 7 years old) which has a dent and the lid only fits tight in one position because it is now oval.

Looking at offers on Premium (£159 = $226) and Master Touch (£188 = $268) that run until end of March. Perhaps offering discount before this new "Grill of a Lifetime" comes out?

I am guessing the "Grill of a lifetime" might be an all-in-one solution to replace my (newish) 22.5" WSM and 22.5" Kettle but I doubt it will be cost effective to buy whatever it is until the WSM falls apart (in ten years or so).

It will need to be something extra special and good value to make me want to change.

If anything I would add a 14.5" WSM to my embryonic Weber collection so I can run small scale smokes.

Last edited:

www.thebbqshop.com

Too rich for my blood. I have about $500 invested in my Performer, 18" WSM, and Q.

Last edited:
butt, ribs, brisket... it'll all taste the same with out worries on what we already own and use.

On April 6, the manufacturer of the vehicle we now drive is announcing it's new vehicle....

Martha, there is nothing wrong with our old sedan, station wagon, van or pick-up.... it does what we need it to do and it runs just fine.
We can use that money somewhere else.

I can't wait for someone to buy the new grill for $1,500, and then ask when the next charcoal sale will be held at Lowes or HD

I can't wait for someone to buy the new grill for $1,500, and then ask when the next charcoal sale will be held at Lowes or HD

I can't wait for someone's wife to buy it as a gift to hubby, for him to cook on it once and decide that he doesn't like it, then for them to post it on CL for $a ridiculously low price. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back