You know you're getting old when...

Ok, I’ll bite, I’m a yankee, what in the world is “Beep”? Sounds like it was a kid friendly treat. But what kind of treat?
1638051540494.jpeg

beep-fruit-flavored-drink-bottle-1-qt-1963.jpg

Pizza delivery was mom making one of these and delivering it to the family room.

dwfgtQF_noU1LW-SSZ-iS8Dxu7cASd_v6UI3_istaHLRyVDRZLrwmzONhnYzkJl5BL7vPMlP6zJQQ-Csq2wqafQZsHTGsoo-0pMPklPoE7hOyK1iacin7OIdh1-oy81XcSneRSBG6wf5q2ZZTMEOF5oXZik0dF3CEHWf5tprAwq7kpj1PssT2naBSrOswPtFA5JPPggXlw=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu
When we had Chef B. pizza it was almost always a collaborative effort between me, my dad and my brother and it was topped with Hormel pepperoni that we sliced ourselves and Pennsylvania Dutchman canned, sliced mushrooms. I still buy the kits once in awhile but now it's just dough mix and sauce; there's no little can of cheese.:(

Some of them would come with a pocket of pudding which I would always leave alone. How does anyone expect pudding to taste good coming from the oven?:unsure:
Ever hear of custard? :D It's close to pudding, both are heated up just enough to thicken, one on the stove top, one in the oven. The mix & serve boxes, you say? Newcomers to the game. Puddings & custards have been made for decades, if not centuries, by using eggs as a thickener which doesn't take effect until 165 degrees F.

As far as the stuff in a TV dinner..... yeah, all bets are off. I grew up on a farm, with farm cooking. Those things I simply never, ever, got at home.

you remember a good old Swanson TV dinner.
il_570xN.583172287_trmo.jpg
Oh do I miss these. The chicken was so much better than the darn stuff they try to pass off as chicken at our local KFC now adays. Some of them used to come with brownies that were good.

Ever hear of custard? :D It's close to pudding, both are heated up just enough to thicken, one on the stove top, one in the oven. The mix & serve boxes, you say? Newcomers to the game. Puddings & custards have been made for decades, if not centuries, by using eggs as a thickener which doesn't take effect until 165 degrees F.

As far as the stuff in a TV dinner..... yeah, all bets are off. I grew up on a farm, with farm cooking. Those things I simply never, ever, got at home.
Yeah stove top is one thing but when the pudding comes out of the oven hot with a nasty skin on top....as a young child this wasn't appealing. Now that apple desert was good. My favorite entree was chicken parm.

Back