Weber says something big is coming

I know that during a pandemic, the thing I need most is a grill that can really travel for all the travelling that I've been doing.🤣
Its February and in most of the country your not going tailgating football season is over, not going camping or going to the beach nor are you going boating. If your a townhouse owner makes no difference to them and in the spring into the summer many will be camping, boating and going to the beach. If your in FL you can still do all those things or CA or Nevada depending on what the local restrictions are. Nor does is matter if your an RV person who went south for the summer.

That does not mean you don't launch the product and it launches with zero sales. Let me make it clear its not a product for me and I live in a State where if you wanted to go camping to the beach or whatever nothing is stopping you from doing that but its to cold here this time of year.

So for what its worth just showed the video to my 23 year old daughter which of course is where Weber needs to target for the future not us old farts and I speak for myself. Showed her the video and she said that thing will sell out loved the design the cart and if any of you have millenniums especially for daughters they spend more for their nails and hair in a few months than that grill costs.

She also came out the gate in her job making 40k more than when I started my career and I am 67, different world also when I started housing costs were nothing like they are today so its all relevant.

So for what its worth just showed the video to my 23 year old daughter which of course is where Weber needs to target for the future not us old farts and I speak for myself. Showed her the video and she said that thing will sell out loved the design the cart and if any of you have millenniums especially for daughters they spend more for their nails and hair in a few months than that grill costs.

She also came out the gate in her job making 40k more than when I started my career and I am 67, different world also when I started housing costs were nothing like they are today so its all relevant.
I agree about this grill & the other smart series gas grills being targeted for Millennials, however I seriously doubt this will be a huge draw. Most Millennials are not into cooking as opposed to dining out. If you need your I-Phone to tell you when to flip a steak, what's the point, just my .02.

No travelling? Lol. RV dealerships have had a hard time keeping inventory since last March. All those RV owners need a grill and if they are traveling West they probably can't use charcoal. The timing of this grill is absolutely perfect and I predict they will sell A LOT of them.

Keep in mind, this grill isn't for the Weber enthusiast group. They already have us. This is for the younger crowd and the non Weber owners.

I wish they would fix the cart design on the smart gas grills. I have a 2 burner spirit with that cart and the cart is made of cheap painted steel which rusts at the base. The top half works great. I don't see the need but our phones are already connect to so many things so why not the grill as well.

Bottom line they could have done the same cart design on the Q series grills and sold the crap outta them and it would be a FAR better grill. Way cheaper to sell cheap metal stampings than cast aluminum though

Bottom line they could have done the same cart design on the Q series grills and sold the crap outta them and it would be a FAR better grill. Way cheaper to sell cheap metal stampings than cast aluminum though
It does seem kind of silly they didn't make them at least compatible. Not sure I trust myself around a flimsy metal stand when I'm grilling.

We live in a housing development that is made up of mostly retired seniors
What I'm seeing here is that almost everyone has a gasser. Also a lot of NG grills as all the homes here were built with a NG gas bib on the patio. But in the last couple of years pellet grills are being added by quite a few but not replacing the gas grill. Charcoal grills are not very popular.
To this 78 year old Weber Charcoal Grill user the Set-up is somewhat messy and takes a tad-more physical effort to operate than a gasser. However, IMO it appears that my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) takes much less physical effort to do a good clean-up and maintain-it in very good operating condition than a gasser.

However, even saying the above I plan to purchase my very first "Gasser" sometime this year to sit-along side my WPD when I do not want to fuss with the charcoal grill set-up. Oh well, will be faced with a new Learning-Curve in how to operate and maintain a gasser Grill.

Last edited:
To this 78 year old Weber Charcoal Grill user the Set-up is somewhat messy and takes a tad-more physical effort to operate than a gasser. However, IMO it appears that my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) takes much less physical effort to do a good clean-up and maintain-it in very good operating condition than a gasser.

However, even saying the above I plan to purchase my very first "Gasser" sometime this year to sit-along side my WPD when I do not want to fuss with the charcoal grill set-up. Oh well, will be faced with a new Learning-Curve in how to operate and maintain a gasser Grill.
I also have a gas assist performer which I love and I find that I have to have a gasser or three because of our summer fire restrictions on the use of charcoal. But I honestly don't feel there is much difference between maintaining a gasser over a charcoal grill. When doing things like chicken I put tin foil under the grates below the chicken to catch the grease which makes cleanup pretty simple. A through cleaning of the gasser takes about 20-30 minuets., we do that about once a month in the summer and every two months in the winter. Also no ash to deal with is nice.

I also have a gas assist Performer that is my workhorse and I agree with how much easier it is to clean and maintain than the larger Genesis gasser I used to have. But, my current gasser is a Q1200 and I couldn't recommend it more as an option. Cleanup is similar to the Performer in that about once every 5-8 cooks I take a plastic putty knife and scrape the insides down into the grease catch pan. Otherwise I almost never have to clean the porcelain coated cast iron grates as they scrape clean once the grill is hot and ready to cook. And, this little baby gets HOT. I can sear a steak like a dream. The combination of small area to heat and the hot cast iron grates makes it a fantastic searing machine. Plus, it's portable so we take it in our camper and for tailgating. You can use the 1lb small green bottles or get the attachment hose and use a 20lb tank. When you add the gasser I would seriously consider a Q1200.

1613148454027.png

1613148511919.png

For just the two of us, it's perfect. Steak, potato, and cast iron pan full of mushrooms and onions.

1613148599560.png

1613148628468.png

4 filets and mushrooms

1613148686640.png

1613148712470.png

4 chicken breasts and asparagus

1613148760667.png

Mike, your photos speak volumes as to what can be done on a well designed smaller grill! I am sure as shooting NOT their demographic. I’m way too set in my ways to fool with learning a whole new grill format! Don’t want no wires runnin to my food makin’ machine! I still carry a stupid phone! I just don’t care...
Hey you kids. Get away from that wheel barrow, you don’t know nothin’ about machinery!

I also have a gas assist Performer that is my workhorse and I agree with how much easier it is to clean and maintain than the larger Genesis gasser I used to have. But, my current gasser is a Q1200 and I couldn't recommend it more as an option. Cleanup is similar to the Performer in that about once every 5-8 cooks I take a plastic putty knife and scrape the insides down into the grease catch pan. Otherwise I almost never have to clean the porcelain coated cast iron grates as they scrape clean once the grill is hot and ready to cook. And, this little baby gets HOT. I can sear a steak like a dream. The combination of small area to heat and the hot cast iron grates makes it a fantastic searing machine. Plus, it's portable so we take it in our camper and for tailgating. You can use the 1lb small green bottles or get the attachment hose and use a 20lb tank. When you add the gasser I would seriously consider a Q1200.

View attachment 22586

View attachment 22587

For just the two of us, it's perfect. Steak, potato, and cast iron pan full of mushrooms and onions.

View attachment 22588

View attachment 22589

4 filets and mushrooms

View attachment 22590

View attachment 22591

4 chicken breasts and asparagus

View attachment 22592
I have had a Q-320 for 10+ years and it’s a great machine. Over the years I have changed the burners and grates but it’s been awesome. Simple, effective and easy to maintain.

I have had a Q-320 for 10+ years and it’s a great machine. Over the years I have changed the burners and grates but it’s been awesome. Simple, effective and easy to maintain.
This morning I stopped-by a Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership called "BBQ Mundo" and was quoted the following prices on some Weber Grills on-display:

Weber Summit Charcoal Grill(WSCG) with the Stainless Steel Table(1st Gen.): Two-Thousand Eight Hundred($2,800) Dollars
Weber Smoke Fire E-6(1st Gen.): One-Thousand Nine-Hundred($1,900) Dollars
Weber Smoke Fire E-4(1st Gen.): One-Thousand Five-Hundred($1,500) Dollars
Weber Q 3200: Six-Hundred($600) Dollars
Weber Q 1200: Two-Hundred Ninety($290) Dollars

The above prices includes all sales and Government taxes.

If you pay by cash you will receive a 8% Discount.

That WSCG is one beautiful Cooker but the Weber Q's cost Factors are more in line with keeping the better-half happy with this type of purchase. Guys; really appreciate your recommendations on the Weber Q's!

Regarding the Weber Smoke Fires; I asked the Vendor are these 1st or 2nd Generations and he stated these were both 1st Generation Cookers. I was somewhat surprised that these older models were still available outside the Good Old USA. A very good-looking Cooker which has made some of our Forum Member very unhappy??

Last edited:
Richard, agree with Bruno man that stuff is expensive over there. Did you ask them if they were going to carry the Traveler and what it would cost?

This morning I stopped-by a Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership called "BBQ Mundo" and was quoted the following prices on some Weber Grills on-display:

Weber Summit Charcoal Grill(WSCG) with the Stainless Steel Table(1st Gen.): Two-Thousand Eight Hundred($2,800) Dollars
Weber Smoke Fire E-6(1st Gen.): One-Thousand Nine-Hundred($1,900) Dollars
Weber Smoke Fire E-4(1st Gen.): One-Thousand Five-Hundred($1,500) Dollars
Weber Q 3200: Six-Hundred($600) Dollars
Weber Q 1200: Two-Hundred Ninety($290) Dollars

If you pay by cash you will receive a 8% Discount.

That WSCG is one beautiful Cooker but the Weber Q's cost Factors are more in line with keeping the better-half happy with this type of purchase. Guys; really appreciate your recommendations on the Weber Q's!

Regarding the Weber Smoke Fires; I asked the Vendor are these 1st or 2nd Generations and he stated these were both 1st Generation Cookers. I was somewhat surprised that these older models were still available outside the Good Old USA. A very good-looking Cooker which has made some of our Forum Member very unhappy??
The Q1200 is by far the best deal on that list. They are $209 brand new here in the US.

Richard, agree with Bruno man that stuff is expensive over there. Did you ask them if they were going to carry the Traveler and what it would cost?
Brian: No but will do on my next visit; they did have the similar "Weber Traveler Type" Portable called "Napoleon Travel Q Pro" with cart on display at a cost of around eight-hundred($800) Dollars.

Last edited:
The Q1200 is by far the best deal on that list. They are $209 brand new here in the US.
Mike: Totally Agree and that Weber Q 3200 seems comparable as to the USA Price as the price quoted here in Costa Rica includes all taxes. I will most likely go for that Q1200 but would like to take a look at that new Weber Traveler Grill if and when it is available for sale here in Costa Rica.

Back