Weber says something big is coming

Disappointing (for me that is) if the traveller is the big announcement. I’m not exactly sure what I was hoping for, but this wasn’t it. There are other competitors that sell a similar set up already. I wasn’t interested then, and I’m not interested now. I know someone out there will love this.

Gee Bob, that kind of left me wishing I had not opened it!
First post ever from you that let me down😉!
But, seriously. If that’s the big deal for the release it sure does not appeal to me, hipster demographic is about as far from this old codger like me, I hope it sells but, for me? Meh.

All the hype for this! With a MAP price of $299, I don’t see this as a huge game changer especially since they already offer two versions of the “Go-Anywhere Series.” Not to mention the Smokey Joe & Jumbo Joe Series, all at a fraction of the price of the Traveler.

No harm, no foul Bob!👍
But now, Bruno is raining on the parade! Seriously an electric two element cart unit? I don’t want to watch the meter spin when that horse is pulling!

Looks like they simply cheapened up a Q by going to stamped steel, gave it a better cart (should have done this for the Q all along), used a Q type of grate and called it Traveler. Bet your last $$$$ that beauty will turn into a rust bucket just like the Summit fireboxes do.

Interesting that the Pulse Series electric “grill” is pictured on a balcony. I’m no building code guru, but I imagine those that live in condos/apartments with live fire restrictions would desire this setup.

Edited to add: Someone with a better understanding of marketing and R&D, thoughts on why a 26” performer has eluded us for so long? Does it cut into their Kamado series?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Interesting that the Pulse Series electric “grill” is pictured on a balcony. I’m no building code guru, but I imagine those that live in condos/apartments with live fire restrictions would desire this setup.

Edited to add: Someone with a better understanding of marketing and R&D, thoughts on why a 26” performer has eluded us for so long? Does it cut into their Kamado series?
The pulse I’m sure is exactly targeted at folks who have charcoal and propane restrictions but enjoy grilling food.

I can see why some aren't that excited about the Traveler but I think its going to be a good seller for them love the folding cart design throw it in the trunk of the car no issues. Its porcelain enamel coated steel which is used on the kettles and go anywhere so I don't see longevity as a problem, keep it in the RV, take it camping, to the beach, tailgating. Got a small patio in a townhouse which someone in another thread mentioned with the added flexibility of taking it with you on the road.

Its a much larger cooking surface than the go anywhere also more powerful than the Napoleon again a larger cooking surface. Its cheaper than the Napoleon also and if its $299 that does not seem to be a big number for people looking for something like that. I am guessing they were targeting Napoleon.

The pulse I’m sure is exactly targeted at folks who have charcoal and propane restrictions but enjoy grilling food.
Absolutely and yes the price is high but if you got a million dollar condo and can't use anything else not like $900 bucks is going to break you. Interesting maybe but when I was surfing market share in grills a few weeks back electric grills have 10% of the market which is probably growing.

Back