Smoked Queso Dip

That looks delicious Brian, love stuff like that. Reheating with beer or wine I like. What amount of each ingredients did you us? Make a pan of this and have some friends over, serve with chips , wine and beer. Perfect for a summer evening.

That looks delicious Brian, love stuff like that. Reheating with beer or wine I like. What amount of each ingredients did you us? Make a pan of this and have some friends over, serve with chips , wine and beer. Perfect for a summer evening.

Hi Barb
Here’s how much of each:
8 oz Gouda
8 oz Cheddar
8 oz Monterey Jack
8 oz Colby jack
1# ground beef, browned
1 diced vidalia onion
2 diced jalapeños, seeds removed
1 can Ro-tel, drained the water
2 chopped chipotle peppers

smoked at about 300 over apple chips for two hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes. When I do it again, I will pull it a little earlier, like right when it first bubbles. So maybe when it looks like the second pic. Also, about halfway through I sprinkled it with some BBQ rub

That looks awesome, I want some!
I wonder if cream cheese would work instead of the velveeta? No idea if it would just a thought.

Brain, that dip looks out of this world. I've had some luck in the past fixing a broken sauce with a splash of vermouth, fwiw. Then again, mine was no where near as good as the one you made. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hi Barb
Here’s how much of each:
8 oz Gouda
8 oz Cheddar
8 oz Monterey Jack
8 oz Colby jack
1# ground beef, browned
1 diced vidalia onion
2 diced jalapeños, seeds removed
1 can Ro-tel, drained the water
2 chopped chipotle peppers

smoked at about 300 over apple chips for two hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes. When I do it again, I will pull it a little earlier, like right when it first bubbles. So maybe when it looks like the second pic. Also, about halfway through I sprinkled it with some BBQ rub
Thanks for the recipe, will be doing it soon. Barb

Marking, I've gotta try this and we just happen to have lots of peppers and onions and tomatoes coming off the garden that need recipes at the moment.

And on a second thought, we ground some homemade chorizo from a hog we butchered recently. I bet that would be wicked good in something like this...

Just got back from getting ingredients for this. Hopefully have time today. Going with velveeta queso blanco and some colby jack.

Ok, so gave it another try.
Changed it a little, added the velveeta.
So the recipe:
8 oz Velveeta
8 oz Cabot Cheddar (that I had smoked a few weeks ago)
8 oz Monterey Jack
16 oz Havarti
1 lb cooked ground beef
1 yellow onion
4 chipotles in adobo
1 can Rotel chopped tomatoes with habañero

96A41A44-3FFF-40FA-B0FE-6031EB2F8442.jpeg

E943B0A4-3F2A-4B7A-8273-D6A55698B832.jpeg

So the finished product was really good, tasted great and looked great.
6E815D30-DDEC-4401-B1C5-D584FB7FD218.jpeg

The only change I would make is to add some liquid next time. Either a cup of wine or a cup of beer. But it was really good, put it in a crock pot, had some friends over and dipped some tortilla chips in it. Yum

Cream Cheese is a good substitution for the Velveta. Its my go to for this recipe. Cottage cheese or ricotta could also be used. Those though will give you a different texture.

Man it looks great, my buddy smokes this all the time and I go out of my way to not make it....I would love it, that is the problem. I often go hungry enough just so I can have a few extra beers or double down on the smoked wings......COVID 19 really has turned into about and extra COVID 20 lbs for me.....I don't have much else to do besides ( work which is still a thing ) bbq and have tasty beverages.........Can't do anything else really....we have a " curfew " styled lockdown here, they just refuse to call it a curfew. I fill the freezer to the top, stock up on tasty beverages and well......just plan for the next cook. I don't even know why I clicked on this thread it looks so good.

Back