Patty Melts with Parmesan Potato Wedges

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I was really in the mood for both and I thought it would be a good kick off for the holiday weekend, in spite of all the dense smoke we've been having from the numerous fires burning right now. Here's a few photos.

Needed some Rye bread for the Patty Melts. Nice rusty, crunchy crust on this guy.

DSC_4252 (Large).JPG

Softened up a couple of onions earlier in the day.

DSC_4257 (Large).JPG

Buttered up the bread, both sides.

DSC_4260 (Large).JPG

Got the wedges ready on some parchment. Seasoned with SYD.

DSC_4262 (Large).JPG

Halved a pound of 80/20. The patties were mixed with Worcestershire Sauce.

DSC_4266 (Large).JPG

The potatoes needed 40 minutes so I got them on first.

DSC_4267 (Large).JPG

Got the burgers going around 15 minutes later.

DSC_4271 (Large).JPG

Flip.

DSC_4274 (Large).JPG

Toasted one side of bread.

DSC_4278 (Large).JPG

Toasted side up, spread onions on bread and topped with a patty.

DSC_4281 (Large).JPG

Got the assembled burgers back on the grate to toast the outer sides of the sandwich. A good, heavy duty spatula is essential for this.

DSC_4284 (Large).JPG

Flip

DSC_4287 (Large).JPG

Wedges done.

DSC_4288 (Large).JPG

Plated it up.

DSC_4292 (Large).JPG

These are two of my favorite recipes. The Patty Melts are from Jamie and the Parmesan Potato Wedges are from the Weber Bullet. Needless to say they both were delicious. Hope you're all having a great weekend and thank you all for looking.

Last edited:
Cliff,
You alway go the extra mile to make a cook a master piece! You make the bread, did the onion earlier in the day, then the potatoes, made the burgers. Put altogether as we are use to seeing another amazing meal!

Everything looks great! I like to add a little Russian dressing to my party melts. Wasabi mayos good too!

Man, every time I think I know what I'm doing in the kitchen, people like Cliff post incredible food like this. Unreal, Cliff.

Back