New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Someone asked him if the bottom two were flats.
He said no, he only cooks full packers.

Well, after further thought, I think we've all smoked packers on an 18" WSM, as long as they're not giant 20+ pounders. The grate on both SmokeFire's is 18" wide.

He must not be concerned with uneven direct heat coming from bottom up. That pic just answered one of my concerns.

But it probably took a lot of pellets to keep the heat up with that much meat on the smoker. I would never have the need to smoke three briskets, however.

I would never have the need to smoke three briskets, however.

Never say never......

I went big after overloading a horizontal offset for a backyard bash a few years ago. We throw parties once or twice a year with up to 40-50 people (usually smaller....) Smokers on the smaller end just don't work for me any more. Last weekend I smoked 3 full packers (about 50 lbs.,) and a couple of gallons of beans for a couple of holiday parties in town. I haven't used all 5 racks in mine yet, but I figure it's only a matter of time.

Like this:

concrete-1-1.jpg

concrete-2-1.jpg

Chris, maybe you should buy one of those HF Weed Burners and do the whole driveway so it looks the same. You won't even notice the chimney mark. :)

I am magine that steak that was cooked over the top of the burning seal coat tasted real good

Chris, maybe you should buy one of those HF Weed Burners and do the whole driveway so it looks the same. You won't even notice the chimney mark. :)

Fortunately, not my driveway! These photos were sent to me by Greg Caesar of Houston, TX, showing the damage caused by using a chimney starter on his concrete driveway.

There's a divot back home in the shop, about the size of a lunch plate, and between 1/4" and 1/2" deep in the middle, been there for at least 30 years. My brother was heating a 1"x4" steel bar to bend up for a brush guard on a small crawler. It popped pretty loudly.

The Official FAQ is up on the Weber site - https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007750872-SmokeFire-Wood-Fired-Pellet-Grill

Particularly interesting to me is the Error Code page - https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007406552-SmokeFire-Error-Codes
Only 9 codes so far.

Also in another answer, they do recommend a water pan on long cooks -

Your Weber SmokeFire is capable of many different cooking methods such as grilling, searing, smoking, baking, braising, and roasting. Part of the excitement of pellet grilling is that you get to enjoy all of your favorite recipes infused with real hardwood flavor. This element of flavor can elevate your average meal and make it something extraordinary.

Note: When grilling or smoking over a longer period of time, we encourage the use of a water pan inside the cookbox.

Last edited:
I got a shipment notification this morning that my cover, drip pans and pellets are arriving via FedEx tomorrow. Website still says the SmokeFires are shipping by mid-February. I've now read the assembly guide and manual. C'mon already.

I just checked out Lowes website and was able to order Weber pellets for store pickup next week. The SmokeFire grills themselves are still listed as "Pre-Order."

I will let you know when I can try out the Weber pellets on my Rec Tec and see how they compare to my Lumberjack and SmokinPellets.com favorites.

Jon, I tried the Pit Boss Apple on some ribs and got the sweet taste that comes with it. I was surprised by how much flavor I got. When you use the Weber Pellets I would love to hear the results.

I got a shipment notification this morning that my cover, drip pans and pellets are arriving via FedEx tomorrow. Website still says the SmokeFires are shipping by mid-February. I've now read the assembly guide and manual. C'mon already.
C’mon is right, let’s get spring going!!

I should have mine in hand this time next week. Scheduled to be delivered to my Ace distribution center Saturday and our store gets deliveries on Wednesday

I inquired about doing a will call next Monday but my store owner recommended against it for fear of how they do things it could get swiped up by another store for some reason.

Not sure if I’ll have time to assemble and get a cook in wednsday or not as I have to work that night but it should be in hand and I can’t wait

I should have mine in hand this time next week. Scheduled to be delivered to my Ace distribution center Saturday and our store gets deliveries on Wednesday

Good for you, getting one through Ace. My brother is GM of an Ace Hardware store, he has not ordered any of them yet but intends to.

Back