New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Lowe's is using a different model number with an L at the end for them I assume. Item # 1633964 Model # 22510001L

Weber SmokeFire 672-sq in Black Pellet Grill

On Amazon the Model number is Weber 22510001 SmokeFire EX4 Wood Fired Pellet Grill, Black

I was just on Lowe's site looks like in the Woodstock, GA location the 4 and 6 using their model number will be available 2/17 its a bit confusing as they have the Amazon Weber Model number for the 4 and 6 on their website which says unavailable not sure why they did that.

The L model seems to be the pre order model number. Lowe’s has two EX4s listed, I found locally without the L on their site. Don’t remember if they had the EX6 without L listed yet.

I got an email last night saying estimated delivery was Feb 18-20 and I ordered on 12/1. It made me mad since others are supposedly getting theirs starting today from places. So, I canceled my pre-order...and drove to Lowe’s and brought one home ;-)

What?? They have them in stock?

Bruno, at least two Lowe’s in my area have EX4’s. Mine is assembled and I’m waiting for help and household managerial approval to get it to the patio as I probably have to go through the house due to snow and a soft yard ;)

The L model seems to be the pre order model number. Lowe’s has two EX4s listed, I found locally without the L on their site. Don’t remember if they had the EX6 without L listed yet.

Shane, in my area the only ones showing coming in the 17th are the L models. Curious since you just got one does the model number on the box have an L.

As many know in the retail world their is a reason that Costco, Best Buy among others have a different model numbers, it allows them to say if they put them on sale for example that they are the lowest advertised price and since they have their own model numbers that is true and they don't have to worry about being sued for false advertising. Maybe wishful thinking and Weber controls some of it but maybe a Memorial Day Sale or a Labor Day sale where they take a $100 off really don't know.

Can't wait to see your review.

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been posted on here but the BUILT app has a visual with directions on assembling the Smokefire.

Just ordered a Weber connect smart grilling hub for the hell of it. Amazon says it will be here on the 17th. Shouldn’t be long for the EX6 now that the app is out.

Last edited:
Just ordered a Weber connect for the hell of it. Amazon says it will be here on the 17th. Shouldn’t be long for the EX6 now that the app is out.

Have you gotten any info on delivery? I think most preorders are being delivered next week.

Have you gotten any info on delivery? I think most preorders are being delivered next week.
I haven’t heard anything, I ordered on Dec 1st. We’ll see, I’m pretty encouraged now that the app is out.

Shane when do we get some pics? What are your initial thoughts with the app? You cooking anything this weekend?

Shane when do we get some pics? What are your initial thoughts with the app? You cooking anything this weekend?

Pics - When does this forum get updated again to support attachments?

App - Not impressed so far. I work in IT and find it very unintuitive. Not sure if impressions will change as I find more in it or not. Right now seems horrible compared to Traeger, Memphis, and GMG’s apps. I know how to cook, so I want a simple mode to quickly see probe temps, set alerts, and change grill temp. Not click through several screens like I’m setting up a smart cook.

I also don’t like the lack of a probe port.

Other than those things, like it a lot so far. From power on to 600 degrees was 22 minutes with an empty auger and 22 degree ambient temps with 15 mph winds (6 degree real feel). I reverse seared some chuck eyes and they cooked well. Started at 250, pulled steaks at 120, cranked to 525, threw them back on after 4-5 mins for a couple per side. Had a really nice sear.

Pics - When does this forum get updated again to support attachments?

App - Not impressed so far. I work in IT and find it very unintuitive. Not sure if impressions will change as I find more in it or not. Right now seems horrible compared to Traeger, Memphis, and GMG’s apps. I know how to cook, so I want a simple mode to quickly see probe temps, set alerts, and change grill temp. Not click through several screens like I’m setting up a smart cook.

I also don’t like the lack of a probe port.

Other than those things, like it a lot so far. From power on to 600 degrees was 22 minutes with an empty auger and 22 degree ambient temps with 15 mph winds (6 degree real feel). I reverse seared some chuck eyes and they cooked well. Started at 250, pulled steaks at 120, cranked to 525, threw them back on after 4-5 mins for a couple per side. Had a really nice sear.

Thanks for the report. I never worked in IT but I use the Rec Tec, Anova, and Thermoworks apps. I downloaded the app to check it out and my initial impression of the Weber app is exactly the same as yours. The main thing I want from an app is to control the grill. Very disappointed but hoping I just haven't figured it out yet. The heat up time is much faster than mine and that's a good thing. It sounds like all the hype about searing was accurate. I hope the grill continues to check out good for you.

Thanks for the report. I never worked in IT but I use the Rec Tec, Anova, and Thermoworks apps. I downloaded the app to check it out and my initial impression of the Weber app is exactly the same as yours. The main thing I want from an app is to control the grill. Very disappointed but hoping I just haven't figured it out yet. The heat up time is much faster than mine and that's a good thing. It sounds like all the hype about searing was accurate. I hope the grill continues to check out good for you.

Lew what model did you get? I don’t think you can do anything with the app at all unless it connects to a smokefire or smart hub.

Working out the bugs now. Hoping to begin the transition next week.

That’s going to be a lot of fun, right in time to post some pics of the EX6 in action. I always struggled with photobucket and lost interest in trying to post pictures. I’m hoping to post a bunch of pics after I get the Smokefire up and running.

Back