My Favorite Sandwich Meat

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
We bought four Turkeys this past Thanksgiving. I BBQ'd the fourth and final Saturday. It's not so much that I like Turkey for dinner, it's the Turkey Sandwiches that keep me coming back for more. This bird provided an excellent harvest

Dinner Saturday Night
pZjSDXd.jpg

Dinner Sunday Night (actually better than Saturday night)
OttxmaH.jpg

The Harvest
dU8te6N.jpg

The rewards (sour dough and Mayo and BBQ Turkey is all I need)
V1KMQrv.jpg

Lunch for today
LadQrbm.jpg

3RXpTZp.jpg

Have a great week

The best part of Thanksgiving is the turkey sandwiches that follow, Chuck! Looking good, my friend! :)

R

We bought four Turkeys this past Thanksgiving. I BBQ'd the fourth and final Saturday. It's not so much that I like Turkey for dinner, it's the Turkey Sandwiches that keep me coming back for more. This bird provided an excellent harvest

Dinner Saturday Night
pZjSDXd.jpg

Dinner Sunday Night (actually better than Saturday night)
OttxmaH.jpg

The Harvest
dU8te6N.jpg

The rewards (sour dough and Mayo and BBQ Turkey is all I need)
V1KMQrv.jpg

Lunch for today
LadQrbm.jpg

3RXpTZp.jpg

Have a great week
Making me hungry now ChuckO.

I'm a dark meat guy but love turkey sammiches on white bread, or homemade sourdough, with mayo, cranberry sauce, salt and pepper. We seldom have turkey other than for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Maybe that's why they taste so good.

You know, I was expecting the answer to be…
Ribeye!

Not that the turkey doesn’t look great but, you know, we are all a little obsessive around here.

My wife's favorite meat is turkey, and I'm rather fond of it myself. Some foods I tire of pretty quickly, and only want them occasionally, but for some reason turkey isn't in that category.

Oh, I love my turkey sandwiches with this stuff:

th-976461372.jpeg

Chuck,
I mostly agree, my issue is I need some bacon to go with that turkey! You have me adding a turkey breast and a pork belly to my next order from Wild Fork. Great Cook!

Looks great Chuck. I'm a turkey junkie also, speaking of that I just remembered I have a T-bird in the freezer. Time for thanksgiving in June.

and me too. :)

Chuck, great job, with the cooking and with the posting. It was fun watching that turkey video, thank you. And thank you for reminding us all that chicken is NOT the only poultry choice we have.

I agree with you Chuck....Fresh Turkey sandwiches rule. How do you like yours?
Bread type, mayo, mustard, cranberries, leftover stuffing, cheese...etc

That's gorgeous looking bird Chuck! I'll take my turkey sammich with lettuce tomato, bacon and mayo.... chipotle mayo is pretty good, cut em' in triangles and put the frilly toothpicks for extra points.... ;)

I agree with you Chuck....Fresh Turkey sandwiches rule. How do you like yours?
Bread type, mayo, mustard, cranberries, leftover stuffing, cheese...etc
Fresh made sour dough bread, Best Foods Mayo and fresh ground pepper (used to be fresh ground salt & pepper, but that's another story) All the other methods are awesome, but I'm a simple man

Back