Independence Day Smoke?

I have been so wrapped up in the kitchen remodel I had forgotten this saturated is the 4th! I’ll have to look into something, maybe the skirt steaks I picked up at Costco yesterday! Unless I decide I want it before then.
I will have more light and electrical receptacles than I may have ever had in my kitchen! When the dust settles after the counters and so forth are finished, I will probably have to move!

I have been so wrapped up in the kitchen remodel I had forgotten this saturated is the 4th! ...

A little early in the day to be saturated, isn't it??? Then again, our kitchen remodel had me wanting to get saturated plenty of times. ;)

Saturday will be just DW and I. Last night I ground ~3.5lbs of chuck roast together with ~12oz of pork belly and made 13 5.5oz patties, so I'm thinking hamburgers will be on the menu.

If I can get my hands on some, I am thinking first attempt at wing on the kettle. And mostly likely BBQ chicken thighs, I have a strong urge to try to recreate my late father-in-laws bbq chicken recipe.

A little early in the day to be saturated, isn't it??? Then again, our kitchen remodel had me wanting to get saturated plenty of times. ;)

Saturday will be just DW and I. Last night I ground ~3.5lbs of chuck roast together with ~12oz of pork belly and made 13 5.5oz patties, so I'm thinking hamburgers will be on the menu.
Dang spellcheck! That should have been Saturday!
I have just had a nice cold Labatts! 88 degrees, not as miserable as predicted but, still hot.
The plaster will happen next week, countertop not until after vacation, Blast it!

I have been so wrapped up in the kitchen remodel I had forgotten this saturated is the 4th!
Time zone difference. You're PDT and he's EDT, so he's got a 3-hour head start.;)

As to the original question, I have no idea what I'm doing for the 4th. I have plenty of hot dogs and burger meat and those 2 items are very traditional, so I might go that route.

Three birthdays this time. Probably what her family wants. Maybe something special for her. My aunt will be celebrating a deep birthday. Normally we could do something like we all used to. But we cannot. So for me it will be a hard time thinking. But the fourth is the one holiday I put everything aside and try to be overwhelmingly upbeat. (If you knew me, you would know what a mountain that is.) For me dreaming, (deep fried polish, best way to have them), brisket, pulled pork and, of course, giant beef ribs over cooked. What I will end up with is a warmed over burger, chores, and a sink full of dishes.

My father in law bought a boston butt from a buddy's church this year. He usually throws a big party for the 4th, but he is cancelling it this year due to COVID. Therefore, I will be making my first attempt at smoking some St Louis ribs. Looking forward to it.

Got a couple of racks of spares in the freezer that need to be used, going to trim them down and make some St. Louis style ribs. Home made Southern potato salad some poppers and devilled eggs. Barb made a peach pie for desert.

Got a couple of racks of spares in the freezer that need to be used, going to trim them down and make some St. Louis style ribs. Home made Southern potato salad some poppers and devilled eggs. Barb made a peach pie for desert.
Hope you save the rib tips and flap meat. If so are you gonna smoke them or use for something else?

Tim

Back