I saw something today that will BLOW YOUR MIND!

I don't think so........
;)
I missed a lot while being on holidays and travelling and then apparently things were deleted from what I can follow.
From what I gathered there was an anniversary leak about these old school colored kettles with wood handles that was hushed up.
I like this idea for a " new " idea.......but we will have to wait and see I guess.
The blow your mind thing may have been leaked but I don't know that for sure.....that would be what I said earlier about the red legged kettle from the 50's and that is what Bruno posted above......and agrees with me that possibly Harry has at his house.
So while Harry might have something over 60 years old at his house, possibly original or new and retro or something like that is quite possibly what will be blowing our mind.
I hope none of us are close at all and it actually blows our mind as if we already know but haven't been told it will still be great, maybe just not as mind blowing.
I personally know none of this to be factual, but just following the boards here, and leaning on what appears to make the most sense.

The kettles are not the mind blowing item.

The posts deleted were brochures of the anniversary kettles. Chris was asked to remove them.

The kettles are not the mind blowing item.

The posts deleted were brochures of the anniversary kettles. Chris was asked to remove them.
Yeah I am following you on that part, that was what I was saying.
I was then speculating on what was going to blow your mind.....
Bruno is thinking what I am but we can only wait I guess?

I’m guessing but I believe Harry has a replica of that OH kettle, it will be grey with a red metal stand and freaking awesome, because that is what will blow your mind!
This is what I was thinking too........
We can only wait I guess, unless someone lives over near Harry......surprise visit maybe???

They are going to be too much $$$ right?
My guess is that the pricing won’t be too out of line, but good luck getting your hands on one. Stuff like that gets snapped up in normal times. Add in the current environment of supply shortages and I think that you’ll be lucky to even see one, let alone get the color you want.

My guess is that the pricing won’t be too out of line, but good luck getting your hands on one. Stuff like that gets snapped up in normal times. Add in the current environment of supply shortages and I think that you’ll be lucky to even see one, let alone get the color you want.
While I 100% do not need one, it is interesting..........
It would have to be ordered online for me I would think, based on the closest retailer being a couple hours away.
I get emails from that place on a regular basis.
I will leave it at that, if they let me know maybe I will get one.....it takes hours to clean the bbq's I have now, all I need is to add another hour to that job 2 times a year.........

I’m certain these will be online exclusives. None of the recent specials have been in most retailers, save the Red Limited Edition apparently was (my local Weber dealer couldn’t touch one); Glen Blue 26” online only, as are the colors such as Spring Green, Slate, the white and gray. Deep Ocean Blue is the only one I’ve seen in retailers.

It’s odd, you would think sending colors other than black would help bring traffic into dealers and Weber would want that, but they seem to relish online traffic more.

Nailed it!! Just isn’t as cool as I had hoped. Good news for the wife I won’t be wishing I had this or the 70th anniversary grills. Now an S6 is just an entirely different story. I’d be willing to move a few grills to make room for one of those, it’s just not worth the ensuing argument. 😃

Last edited:
Nailed it!! Just isn’t as cool as I had hoped. Good news for the wife I won’t be wishing I had this or the 70th anniversary grills. Now an S6 is just an entirely different story. I’d be willing to move a few grills to make room for one of those, it’s just not worth the ensuing argument. 😃
Uhhm......get the E6 so you have to move less grills???

:LOL:

I did a quick watch of Harry' video. It is cool, maybe not mind-blowing, but cool. I think Weber should offer the lids and frame (the latter would be pretty easy to replicate) to other collectors. I was disappointed that they just used an old 3-hole bottom and didn't replicate the original with just one vent. And that new style Weber top vent does kind of stand out like a sore thumb. But, still all in all, it is still a very cool item. I have to wonder why Weber said that it was only a display item and not for cooking. Harry seems ready to fire it up - I hope not on his poor little dog!!!

Really, the one hard thing to duplicate in what Harry got is that lid. Come-on, Weber, offer them for sale as a novelty!🙏

Back