I saw something today that will BLOW YOUR MIND!

It was a fun ride the whole way, Chris. Nothing to feel bad about.

Weber would be doing themselves a marketing favor to sell them to us Weber enthusiasts who would be that much more loyal to the Weber brand and history.

C’mon Weber how much could it hurt to do that for your most loyal fans?

I guess I don’t get it, are we supposed to assume that Weber created this as a “one-off” replica. That they are out all of the R & D, design, tooling etc. costs to reproduce this & yet it will never come to market. Strange!

I guess I don’t get it, are we supposed to assume that Weber created this as a “one-off” replica. That they are out all of the R & D, design, tooling etc. costs to reproduce this & yet it will never come to market. Strange!
My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's a leftover from a previous run for the restaurants, but otherwise I don't get it.

Certainly not a one-off replica, as we see them in the Weber Grill Restaurants. But that's only five locations. Maybe a presentation piece to select retirees? As a gift to dignitaries? I have no idea. But notice that Tom Fuller said, "These are replicas of George’s original kettle, but are not planned to be sold to the public anytime soon." He does not say "never". Hope springs eternal. :) But my guess is that ash falling out the bottom uncontrolled onto the ground is a non-starter in terms of product safety.

I'm guessing that when Weber release a new product they have crunched the numbers and are aiming at Joe Soap to buy it, not just us enthusiasts. I would imagine producing something for a niche market drives up the unit's cost. As a business I would suggest Weber would rather sell hundred's of thousand's, (if not millions), of OKs, SJs & MTs etc to the May-Sept weekend dog & burger burners, than a few thousand 'special' items for us briq-heads.

It appears that Weber already have the tooling in place to produce The Orignal '52. But I have no idea how much of a financial impact it would cost to divert a portion of your core-product production time to a 'special' model.

I might be way off the mark here with the above remarks. I have never ran a business.

".....Hope springs eternal. :) But my guess is that ash falling out the bottom uncontrolled onto the ground is a non-starter in terms of product safety."

screenshot_01.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I'm done restoring/ flipping/ buying grills of any kind I enjoyed the comments all of my friends on the forum posted the last 48 days.
It shows what a great forum you've managed all these years Chris in that the passion for Weber is still strong.

Certainly not a one-off replica, as we see them in the Weber Grill Restaurants. But that's only five locations. Maybe a presentation piece to select retirees? As a gift to dignitaries? I have no idea. But notice that Tom Fuller said, "These are replicas of George’s original kettle, but are not planned to be sold to the public anytime soon." He does not say "never". Hope springs eternal. :) But my guess is that ash falling out the bottom uncontrolled onto the ground is a non-starter in terms of product safety.
I agree that the that ash falling out the bottom is a safety concern. I personally believe safety was a concern/issue when they discontinued the 7445 portable charcoal table as well as the 2726 fireplace.

I agree that the that ash falling out the bottom is a safety concern. I personally believe safety was a concern/issue when they discontinued the 7445 portable charcoal table as well as the 2726 fireplace.
It never stopped PK from selling grills with no built-in ash collection method. Two vents that open to the bottom. The "New PK" does include an aluminum bottom shelf that at least keeps the ashes off the ground. Many users put a large foil pan there to catch the ash. I have a very old PK that has no such provision.

It never stopped PK from selling grills with no built-in ash collection method. Two vents that open to the bottom. The "New PK" does include an aluminum bottom shelf that at least keeps the ashes off the ground. Many users put a large foil pan there to catch the ash. I have a very old PK that has no such provision.
That's a valid point, who knows if they will release this model, perhaps as a modified version of this replica. I would actually prefer an ash catcher & some way to hang the lid, I could always as add my own thermometer.

Back