I saw something today that will BLOW YOUR MIND!

Maybe a redo on the Original Weber Kettle? Circa 1952??
16885676b40b2a962d2ab6d4476cf73a.jpg
That got a frame like my kettle ;)
IMG_20210908_181802.jpg

I don't know if there is any way to get those old Weber metal works bouys they used on Lake Michigan, but if you could start with one of those, the rest of the 1952 kettle wouldn't be all that hard to replicate fairly closely. The bracket/leg assembly looks pretty simple. I am not sure there would be that many people interested since it wouldn't be genuine and not cook any better than an everyday one. But it WOULD still be a cool thing to have!

I don't know if there is any way to get those old Weber metal works bouys they used on Lake Michigan, but if you could start with one of those, the rest of the 1952 kettle wouldn't be all that hard to replicate fairly closely. The bracket/leg assembly looks pretty simple. I am not sure there would be that many people interested since it wouldn't be genuine and not cook any better than an everyday one. But it WOULD still be a cool thing to have!
As I have said before, “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.”

You could get close to an original look with an older kettle bottom with the three vents. Take off the handles. Maybe paint with high heat silver if you don't want it to be black. The lid is what would be the challenge to get close to without custom fabrication from scratch which would be way too expensive. Maybe there is some kind of commercial cooking pot lid out there big enough that could be adapted.

Like you said, Timothy, that "doesn't mean you should" :smilekettle:

Thanks Jon, one of these days we have got to meet! Same for so many of you all!
Timothy,

We will be starting to plan next year's Upper Midwest Meet pretty soon. We want to give everyone more time to plan than we were able last year. Last summer we had a lot of fun meeting, shooting the breeze and even cooking. I hope you can make the trip next year! I am sure we can share some laughs about my crazy dream ideas.:D

Buy like 10 of these and leave them new in the box for 20 years then try and sell them for $1000 each???
Sounds like fun....and a poor investment.
Nice pic but uhmmmm.........

Mind not blown, a little surprised, somewhat interested but, far from blown!
Not sure if this is the mind blown item Chris was speaking of.........
Is it??? I missed all the talk about these kettles and the red leg setup from the 50's and all that.
Then everything was deleted......so I'm not sure if this is it or not, I thought Harry had something at his house and that was going to be the big deal?

Is it??? I missed all the talk about these kettles and the red leg setup from the 50's and all that.
Then everything was deleted......so I'm not sure if this is it or not, I thought Harry had something at his house and that was going to be the big deal?
Yep, I’m pretty sure Harry has this. F612E255-E97D-4583-81C1-84B014BE82F1.jpeg

Same here Darryl, is the "Blow your mind" thing over?

I don't think so........
;)
I missed a lot while being on holidays and travelling and then apparently things were deleted from what I can follow.
From what I gathered there was an anniversary leak about these old school colored kettles with wood handles that was hushed up.
I like this idea for a " new " idea.......but we will have to wait and see I guess.
The blow your mind thing may have been leaked but I don't know that for sure.....that would be what I said earlier about the red legged kettle from the 50's and that is what Bruno posted above......and agrees with me that possibly Harry has at his house.
So while Harry might have something over 60 years old at his house, possibly original or new and retro or something like that is quite possibly what will be blowing our mind.
I hope none of us are close at all and it actually blows our mind as if we already know but haven't been told it will still be great, maybe just not as mind blowing.
I personally know none of this to be factual, but just following the boards here, and leaning on what appears to make the most sense.

I’m guessing but I believe Harry has a replica of that OH kettle, it will be grey with a red metal stand and freaking awesome, because that is what will blow your mind!

Back