Herb Crusted Prime Rib on the Rotisserie

AbeLos

TVWBB Member
Decided to spin a Prime Rib for Easter dinner on the performer, could use some tweaking but still pretty damn tasty. Used about 3/4 chimney and 2 chunks of mesquite, pulled after about 1.5 hrs when the internal temp hit 129. Tempted to get another rib roast to spin on the WSM in a couple of months just to compare the cooks.

All dressed up and ready for the party.

Right after taking off the heat.

Off the spit

Sliced

Looks awesome. I would love to spin a roast but my wife and kids will not look at a piece of beef that has even a hint of pink. I've contemplated spinning one, pulling and slicing, then placing theirs on the grill for 18 hours, lol.

Looks awesome. I would love to spin a roast but my wife and kids will not look at a piece of beef that has even a hint of pink. I've contemplated spinning one, pulling and slicing, then placing theirs on the grill for 18 hours, lol.

Ya sure 18 hours will be enough:D I'm lucky my family thinks if they don't have to chase it around the plate....it's done.

I feel for you AL. In this house, if it's stopped moo-ing...it's done!
That's a top-drawer cook in my book.

I do a Christmas prime rib every year. My mom and my father-in-law both want their beef well done. So we sear end cuts for them from the rib roast, while everyone else gets theirs medium rare. Or you could drop the slices for your wife and kids in a pan full of au jus. Also a good option.

Great job on that Rib Roast. It looks like it turned out perfect. I've never spun one but it looks like a good idea!

Thread bump,

Celebrating wife's sons birthday tomorrow, we had discussed a brisket but, time constraints are not going to work. So, spinning a roast won! Beets, green beans, big potatoes, "Toothpick Caprese salad". I'm looking forward to this cook!

Back