First Time Ribs with Butcher Paper and of Course Rain

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
First Time Ribs with Butcher Paper and of Course Rain

I told myself no matter what I was doing ribs on my birthday and of course we had three really nice days then on my birthday rain, hail and high winds.
Dragged the performer under the covered patio and made my ribs.
First time using pink butcher paper for the rap.
I use a high heat cook for ribs now takes about 2 ½ -3 hours depending on the type and size of the ribs.

The ribs came out awesome, the bark was great not soft like it gets in foil.
Tender but not fall of the bone.
We made some root beer and apple pie filling beans which we love and Barb grilled up some first of the season corn on the bone on the gasser while the #5 sauce on the ribs was setting up.
It was a terrific dinner.

But the star of the show was the Oreo cheese cake Barb made in the instant pot, it was totally fantastic with some chocolate sauce on it. I’m really not a desert guy but I could eat that cheesecake every night.

All in all a great birthday.
100_5720.JPG

100_5723.JPG

100_5727.JPG

100_5730.JPG

100_5733.JPG

100_5738.JPG

100_5739.JPG

100_5742.JPG

100_5749.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and please be safe.

What a great birthday meal! Sorry it had to rain on your day, but at least the food made up for it.

Rich, those ribs look fantastic! You certainly showed the rain/winds who is boss in AZ!! ;) I'm still trying to wrap my head around the IP and cheesecake, but I think I'm going to need to give it a whirl. That looks so good!

Happy birthday, youngster!

R

Rich Happy Birthday , and you did a great job on those ribs and of course Barbs desert made your day.
Yep rain yesterday morning And 80"s for Thursday's that is s short spring my freind.

Ribs look great-a truly great birthday feast! And with all your toys new and old, it was the trusty Performer that did the job. BTW-whats rain? We're going from 90's tomorrow into triple digits by weekend!

Rich, those ribs look fantastic! You certainly showed the rain/winds who is boss in AZ!! ;) I'm still trying to wrap my head around the IP and cheesecake, but I think I'm going to need to give it a whirl. That looks so good!

Happy birthday, youngster!

R

Rich.
Here's the recipe, try you'll love it!

Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake

Ingredients

For the crust

Cooking spray

16 Oreos, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 c.)

3 tbsp. melted butter

Pinch kosher salt

For the cheesecake

2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened

1/2 c. granulated sugar

1/4 c. packed brown sugar

1/4 c. sour cream

2 large eggs

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1/4 tsp. kosher salt

1 tbsp. all-purpose flour

10 Oreos

Whipped topping, for garnish

Crushed Oreos, for garnish

Chocolate syrup, for serving

Directions

Make crust: Grease a 6" springform pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs, melted butter, and salt and mix until mixture is the texture of wet sand. Using a glass, press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the side of the pan. Freeze for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, make cheesecake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugars, and sour cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at time, and beat until just blended. Don’t overmix. Add vanilla, salt, and flour and beat until combined.

Crush 10 Oreos with your hands and fold into the cheesecake batter. Pour batter into springform pan on top of crust and bang pan on countertop a few times to tap out air bubbles in the mixture. Tightly wrap entire pan in two layers of foil.

Pour 1 cup water into Instant Pot and place trivet in the bottom. Fold a large piece of foil (about 18”) into thirds to make a long “sling,” and lower it into the pot. Put the springform pan on top and fold the sling.

Lock lid and set to Pressure Cook on high for 37 minutes. Let pressure naturally release 10 minutes, then follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing lid.

Remove cheesecake from the pot using sling, unwrap and discard foil, then place on a wire rack to cool for at least an hour. Refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight.

To serve, dollop whipped topping on cake and top with more crushed Oreos. Slice and drizzle each slice with chocolate sauce.

Great Looking meal! It rained yesterday and we were grateful that it did. Washed a bit of the pollen out of the air.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Rich! Great looking ribs, guess the pellet pooper was a little jealous.

Happy Birthday Rich, dem rib bones look mighty tasty, not sure on the cheesecake...I would eat that three times a day....:)

Now those are some good looking ribs. I am always impressed by how good they turn out on the kettle. The butcher paper wrap is awesome as well. Much better than foil in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. We haven't been doing much outside cooking due to the weather and other things, it sure felt good to get back in the saddle again. Got some bacon and Canadian bacon curing up and did some KFC on the performer with the vortex which we really enjoy. We went from windy, rainy and cold to summer like weather in two days.
Going to be in the 80's going forward now.

Back