Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I have Covid-19 but will be in that 80% without dangerous symptoms that recovers easily. I’m not tested so we will never know.

Get better soon. It's tearable being sick. I believe you are like many others who got a "thing" and are not panicking. We may never know what "thing" made you sick but it may be for the best. Another confirmed case would only scare some.

Again, tanks for all your hard work. Now take a little break, take care of yourself, get better.

Having flu-like symptoms, it would be great if I could do a drive-thru test at the fairgrounds parking lot. If I tested negative, I can reassure my wife, family, friends, Jim Lampe, Brad Olson, etc that I’m not a Covid-19 carrier at this time. If I tested positive, I’d be able to inform those folks. Erring on the side of more knowledge than less is better, I think.

So I fly from San Jose to Phoenix, stay in an air conditioned hotel room (I am convinced that those in-room systems are germ distribution systems), I attend six Spring Training baseball games in close proximity to large crowds, I meet Jim Lampe and Brad Olson and their spouses and shake their hands, one of my best friends from high school comes down and we hang out at a couple of games...constantly washing my hands and not touching my face...and on the morning of the day I’m scheduled to fly home I develop a cough and a slight fever. I don’t want to be that coughing guy on a plane, so I cancel my flight and drive back to San Jose alone, coughing my head off the whole way. When I turn in the rental car, I tell them I’m sick and they need to disinfect the car.

When I get home, I call the advice nurse at Kaiser Permanente and tell them I have flu-like symptoms. The woman says, “I have a few questions, please answer only Yes or No. Do you have shortness of breath.” I answer no. “Have you been in contact with someone known to have Covid-19?” I answer no. At that point, I’m offered to be put into a 45 minute phone queue to speak with an advice nurse about how to care for my flu symptoms. No thanks, that info is readily available online.

Medical experts say we need more testing. Odds are I have an ordinary flu. It’s common for me to get sick after traveling. Maybe I have Covid-19 but will be in that 80% without dangerous symptoms that recovers easily. I’m not tested so we will never know.

As with the flight, out of an abundance of caution I’m hunkered down at home not going anywhere or interacting with anyone because I don’t want anyone to get what I’ve got.
HoleyMoses Chris, I hope we did not infect you with our Wisconsinitis… it has been know to convert folks to cheering on the BrewCrew Milwaukee Brewers and The Green & Gold Green Bay Packers.
A bit more seriously, I hope you're good to go in a very short time.

Statistically I imagine it’s very unlikely a small forum population like ours would personally know anyone with Covid-19. Let’s hope we don’t.

<Moderator: Removed erroneous suggestion of holding breath as indicator of coronavirus>

Last edited:
...and those cheap curds you ate in Arizona are NOTHING like the realdeal fresh from the dairies up here... I promise you SQUEEKY FRESH curds when/if you make it up this way for some P1Gvilion BBQ

Jim, you just made my day! Frikin nice to hear a positive attitude vs all this doom and gloom.

Tim

Random thoughts:

With all the attention on hand-washing now, a number of years ago I read that it's just as important to wash your hands BEFORE bathroom activities as well as after. Certainly not a bad idea to prevent the introduction of potential nasties to other parts of one's body.

Eating right (or close to it) and getting enough rest can go a long way toward keeping up the immune system. I'm sure this has been mentioned but it seems that it's getting far less publicity than other preventive measures.

Who's read Stephen King's "The Stand"?;)

...and those cheap curds you ate in Arizona are NOTHING like the realdeal fresh from the dairies up here... I promise you SQUEEKY FRESH curds when/if you make it up this way for some P1Gvilion BBQ
Chris, if you're not doing anything this September:
And the Brewers are at home that weekend as well...

Last edited:
Having flu-like symptoms, it would be great if I could do a drive-thru test at the fairgrounds parking lot. If I tested negative, I can reassure my wife, family, friends, Jim Lampe, Brad Olson, etc that I’m not a Covid-19 carrier at this time. If I tested positive, I’d be able to inform those folks. Erring on the side of more knowledge than less is better, I think.
Hi Chris, so sorry to hear you are sick. Hope this bit of advice will help you. Drink plenty of PINEAPPLE JUICE - it is nature's decongestant, if that is one of your problems. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Feel better Chris. I think statistically the odds are VERY slight but guess you never know. Our illustrious governor here in IL has just closed ALL resteraunts, bars and other types of hospitality for next 2 weeks so don't come here if you want to eat out. UGH. But yet I have a summons for jury duty and I have COPD, kidney failure and diabetes. But I can't go out for a meal

Our illustrious governor here in IL has just closed ALL resteraunts, bars and other types of hospitality for next 2 weeks so don't come here if you want to eat out.
I feel so lucky to have had a Sausage McMuffin and hash browns in Oglesby this morning! ;)

I feel so lucky to have had a Sausage McMuffin and hash browns in Oglesby this morning! ;)
<Moderator: Political comment deleted.> I am going out to my buddy's in Spring Grove IL tomorrow to get some machining work done for a mixer I am repairing and we're supposed to go out to lunch at a place just over the border in Genoa City WI

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back