Chicken spiedini on a mat

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
It's been 5 years since my son hauled home the redhead I rehabbed for him.

1596550425518.png

He's gotten a lot of use out of it. Yesterday he sent me a pic of his chicken spiedini cooked on a grill mat instead of skewers. He said it turned out excellent and easier than messing with skewers.

1596550636762.png

I have an unused mat that I'll use the next time I make it.

A little update on me.
I'm doing fine after 2.5 weeks on the cancer killing drug. Very few side effects, so far, and it has already eased a lot of the pain. There are many success stories out there about this drug that targets a specific type of lung cancer.
I've been grilling plenty, but not taking photos, maybe next time I will if I feel they're worthy.
Virtual hugs to you all!

It's been 5 years since my son hauled home the redhead I rehabbed for him.

View attachment 10995

He's gotten a lot of use out of it. Yesterday he sent me a pic of his chicken spiedini cooked on a grill mat instead of skewers. He said it turned out excellent and easier than messing with skewers.

View attachment 10997

I have an unused mat that I'll use the next time I make it.

A little update on me.
I'm doing fine after 2.5 weeks on the cancer killing drug. Very few side effects, so far, and it has already eased a lot of the pain. There are many success stories out there about this drug that targets a specific type of lung cancer.
I've been grilling plenty, but not taking photos, maybe next time I will if I feel they're worthy.
Virtual hugs to you all!
Bob,
Great to hear from you and to hear that the treatment is helping. I just fried up some homemade bacon that I learned to make from you, I made a egg, potato, onion, pepper, cheese and bacon scramble. While I was making it, I told my wife I hope Bob is doing well. Would love to see some pictures of you cooks, all are worthy! I have learned so much from you!
Michael

Thanks for checking in, Bob, and sharing both the grilling mat setup as well as a quick update on you. Will keep the good thoughts heading your way that you get the results you need from this treatment, and that it is as tolerable as it can be. Don't forget to howl at the moon on occasion.....it helped me! :)

R

Wonderful news Bob!! I think of you daily and have been hoping against hope you were making the progress you shared with this post. Hang in there Bob, sounds like you're doing great. I enjoyed the pictures of your son's cook. I swear, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Hope to see more of Rat as we move forward. :)

Looks tasty. I haven't made spiedini in a while. Usually I do it in a cast iron skillet, sans skewers. Make a lemon butter tarragon sauce to drizzle over at the end.

Glad to hear that the treatment is going well.

So glad to hear you're having success with your new meds and not having a lot of side effects. Barb and I hope all continues to go well.
We know there is a lot of forum members that really miss your posts and threads. Your absences has left a huge void in this forum. But when the time comes and your up to it we will all be glad to see you back.

Looks great, Bob! Can't wait to see yours. I've been curious about those mats. Glad things are going well and you're treatment seems to be progressing well.

A chip off the old block there Bob, your son is taking it to the next level with the mat.
Glad to hear your doing better, stay tuff Bob...we all enjoy your posts...

I am looking forward to your version of chicken spiedini when you get a chance. I am very happy to hear that the meds are doing the job! Take care!

Glad to hear you are getting along well, you have contributed a huge amount to those of us who have learned a lot on this site. Those mats are great for certain things, I need to make chicken spied again soon.

Like Father Like Son. We're so happy to hear from you! My wife is a Mammographer and has spoken with me about your treatment; she has witnessed much success. Here's to continued improvement for you. Our prayers continue for you and your family.

Back