Beautiful burger buns

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
I had some leftover burger patties from our camp trip that I plan to cook tonight for dinner, but no buns. So I looked through my bun recipes and found one that I hadn't tried yet. Its King Arthur Flours "Beautiful Burger Buns".

Easy to put together and like most breads the proofing is the longest part.
I must say mine turned out more rustic looking! Of course I had to sample one for quality control. I have to say they may not look like the photo on King Arthur's website, but texture and taste are nice. I didn't have and sesame seeds to top them. These will make a fine bun for the burgers tonight.

50086700676_28612300c7_c.jpg

50086932207_42c4abed5d_c.jpg

Case, your choices of beverages back there look delightful, the buns look great and I’m certain your burgers will be equally amazing.
You are a talented man!

Did you make these in the house oven? I just tried them on the Genesis as it's too hot to use the oven. Came out okay but didn't brown on top, which I guess is to be expected. Anyone know a way to brown the tops, in the grill? I'm going to toss these in the bagle toaster before use. The inside looks fine and they have a good sweet taste.

buns.jpg

Hi Bob,

I had the opposite problem last week on my Genesis (although I was using a slightly different recipe than Case's). The tops browned nicely but the bottoms got a bit overdone. I brushed the tops with an egg-white wash before hitting the grill and they browned nicely. On my second go-round, I added parchment paper on top of the quarter sheet pan and this helped the bottoms a bit.

Did you make these in the house oven? I just tried them on the Genesis as it's too hot to use the oven. Came out okay but didn't brown on top, which I guess is to be expected. Anyone know a way to brown the tops, in the grill? I'm going to toss these in the bagle toaster before use. The inside looks fine and they have a good sweet taste.

View attachment 9453
I used the oven. You could flip them when they are close to done. That would help brien them up in the bbq.

Fwiw, I used this site (before I saw Case's post). Sorry, Case, not trying to hijack the thread:)

Yeah I’ve made these buns too. They are about the same. Egg wash is an important step and shouldn’t be skipped .

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the inspiration! Made some up from the recipe in the YouTube video yesterday and they came out great. Note for any Bread / dough newbies like me - the dough is sticky - don’t add extra flour If you can help it.

Meatloaf sandwiches yesterday and first try at smash burgers tonight.

E985BEE1-1B67-4500-9BB3-0AA7FA98751F.jpeg

Back