Barb’s Birthday Dinner

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Yesterday was my wonderful wife’s Birthday and for dinner Barb wanted to have Filet Mignon with Martini Marinade from Weber’s book Weber’s Charcoal Grilling The Art of Cooking with Live Fire.

We also wanted to try the direct coal bake potato that Bob C. and Cliff did in recent threads.

Miserable winds again for the cook but once I got the coals going the performer did its thing just fine. I was not going to do this cook on the gasser.

Did the potatoes first in the charcoal bins. Took about an hour turning them a quarter turn every fifteen minutes.

Dumped the bins and added another half chimney of coals let the temp come up and did a reverse sear and pulled the steaks at 120 and let rest for 10 minutes.

It was a great dinner the steak with the martini marinade and brie cheese and taters were terrific really enjoyed them.

100_0523_zpsncray5we.jpg

100_0534_zpslvtgz7ku.jpg

100_0526_zpsahdcgtrl.jpg

100_0529_zpsgxdqrzf5.jpg

100_0539_zpsj2yitblc.jpg

100_0545_zps9130utmp.jpg

Have a great week everyone

Last edited:
First off Happy 25th Birthday Barb, ;), and what a great looking cook Rich, love the Filet Mignon and Martini Marinade pic. with the olives. Two thumbs up.

Happy belated birthday Barb! You two make retirement look most enjoyable, can't wait!

Happy Birthday, Barb!

Looks like you were treated well!

EDIT: I celebrated my birthday on the 14th.

Last edited:

Back