What is everyone planning to cook for Smoke Day 19?

Hopefully the weather cooperates. We have rain forecasted. I did a massive overhaul on my WSM installing new gaskets, replacing the grates and installing the unknown bbq hinge and I have yet to fire it up. I'll probably cook some Texas style spares, but we'll see.

One butt for pulled pork, and chicken thighs on the grill. Due to a 70% chance of rain on Saturday, today (Thursday) is Smoke Day for me. The butt just hit 190 degrees, the thighs have about 10 minutes to go. I'll serve the pulled pork to the family on Monday, my birthday.

Gonna stretch this year's event over several days. One day a 15 lb Angus brisket and two 12lb pork shoulders on the 22 WSM.

Another day, fresh kielbasa sausage, roasted corn on the cob and baked beans on the "N" code kettle.

Plus a Weber black and blueberry cornmeal skillet cake at some point.

This is my first observance of this most sacred of holidays in a few years. I just finished prepping a 15# brisket and a 10# Boston butt. It's also my MIL's birthday and she demands burnt ends, so I already separated the flat & point (much easier to do when it's cold). Also baking her cakes (pineapple upside down) in the trusty ole Dutch oven and smoking a few bricks of cream cheese as an appetizer.

We have friends coming in from out of town that we just do not see often enough. Sunday dinner is planned with smoked prime rib, a delightfully decadent mashed potato casserole, roast root vege, drunken mushrooms (simmered all day in red wine,) a green salad and Brazilian tapioca dinner rolls.

Just leave it to our fearless leader to rib us......

Darn, Chris! Looking good.

Doing mine today as we'll be busy all day tomorrow. Smoking up a big batch of bbq chicken wings.

This is my first observance of this most sacred of holidays in a few years. I just finished prepping a 15# brisket and a 10# Boston butt. It's also my MIL's birthday and she demands burnt ends, so I already separated the flat & point (much easier to do when it's cold). Also baking her cakes (pineapple upside down) in the trusty ole Dutch oven and smoking a few bricks of cream cheese as an appetizer.
Smoked cream cheese? :oops:

Guessing that's cold smoked?

I've got two chuck roasts on doing "poor man's burnt ends" (not sure that really applies with the cost of roast vs brisket) but they're a little faster than the full brisket.

Happy smoking everyone!

Attachments

• 16851853381065275942817228240067.jpg
    16851853381065275942817228240067.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 4
My son's birthday was yesterday, the 26th, so I smoked a 10 lb pork shoulder Thursday. As we're still finishing off a twice smoked ham, I'm going to keep it simple today. Two dozen drumsticks, hickory smoke and a crispy finish in the Silver A. I expect the ham, pulled pork and drumsticks will do the job this holiday.

Good morning to all from Long Island!! Smoke on tomorrow with:
10lb+ Pork Shoulder with bone in on the top grill in the 22 WSM
2..Racks of Baby Backs on the bottom grill in the 22 WSM
50+ Chicken wings on the Perform with the Vortex
Trying out a new Bourbon BBq sauce out on one of the rack of ribs.
And I alway ls use the Kingsford blue bag but going to try out a bag of Jersey devil briquettes OR the cowboy briquettes? Haven’t decided yet!

I’m either doing pork butt or brisket. I have both on hand but undecided at this point.
Well, the grandson voted ribs so I went and picked up three racks of St Louis-style Spare Ribs. They’ll be dusted with Famous Dave’s and optionally sauced with either Sticky Fingers, Jim Beam, or Sweet Baby Ray’s. I like my ribs sensation sauce.

Back