Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven (Weber Part No 6520)

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
001_zpscd57f27c.jpg~original

003_zps1bbc7d71.jpg~original

004_zps4c1df565.jpg~original

005_zpseb3c7c3e.jpg~original

007_zps2d88fd13.jpg~original

005_zps16b12530.jpg~original

001_zps38c6e5b4.jpg~original

002_zps4ec908a8.jpg~original

003_zps392e5d51.jpg~original

004_zps0e6e17ba.jpg~original

Last edited:
Ok, you've had for couple hours, where's the pizzas? :)

Can't wait to see you use it

Here ya go fellas. I am still not there on my dough. This is the forth dough I've tried - first on the Pizza Oven.

The instructions call for 100 coals:

006_zps48e72cbb.jpg~original

008_zps79328688.jpg~original

010_zps32a5c0cd.jpg~original

This one cooked very quickly and is very close to what I am looking for:

011_zpsa7db5bbd.jpg~original

Last edited:
Wow, not bad for the inaugural run! I think I see what's wrong, says to use 100 charcoals, you were 3 short :)

I am VERY pleased. I figure it can only get better given the learning curve ...and this was pretty darn good! I actually counted charcoal. LOL Come to find out, 100 coals is a slightly heaping large chimney full.

I wonder why Weber chooses not to sell those in the US? If they did, they would probably put Pizza Kettle out of business

...UK I guess?..

I got it from Amazon.de (Germany). It shipped from Milan Italy.

...What that piece of metal wrapping around the handle do?

It's a heat shield. The oven blocks a lot of heat forcing it to route through the back vents and over the stone. Evidently, the heat builds up in the kettle and can affect the handle. Once lit, I touched the handle to see if the heat shield works. It was cool to the touch.

Last edited:
That's a really good looking first run Dwain. Nice job.

Weber: are you reading this? Add this to the US line up.

Thank you for posting. I've been waiting for this accessory to be available here in the US, but according to Weber (email CS today), will not happen, "The pizza stone is more popular here in the US. At this time there are no plans to have it here". So I just pulled the trigger on the 6520. Was unable to check out at first, but then with the Google Translate Extension ("translate this page" on every page) I got through it. Amazon.de Germany did recognize my user name and password, just had to enter my CC number (amazon chase) because that was not on file (home address was). My total was $220.68, 6520 was EUR 133.61, VAT and shipping EUR 50,24, total EUR 183.85. To me it's worth it, I like my Weber stuff (Q220, 2820, SJ, Genesis, 2x Performers, collection of accessories......you know the decease!) just wanted this one but didn't realize how easy it is to use Amazon Germany. Was considering the one with the stone on the motor(blackstone) but that's another thing to take up space of which I'm all out of! Will report back with pictures when I get it (per Amazon-G, 1/26-1/31; Noch nicht versandt Voraussichtlicher Liefertermin: Montag, 26. Januar 2015 - Samstag, 31. Januar 2015...yeah right!) Thanks again!

Last edited:
Well I just received mine minutes ago. Went from France to Germany then to Newark (poor thing!). Too bad there's a blizzard out there or I'd be using it. That bowl under the stone looks like it could hold sand to create a buffer so the top has a better chance to get hot.

Well I just received mine minutes ago. Went from France to Germany then to Newark (poor thing!). Too bad there's a blizzard out there or I'd be using it. That bowl under the stone looks like it could hold sand to create a buffer so the top has a better chance to get hot.

Congrats! I have been pretty successful putting one layer of coals across the middle of the charcoal grate, then piling the rest of the chimney full in the back. The fwd third-ish of the charcoal is empty. This seems to equalize the heat over and under the stone simultaneously. I throw a chunk of smoke wood on the pile to get the pizza a touch of smoke taste.

I look fwd to hearing how you set up yours when you can dig your way to the Kettle.

Last edited:

Back