Very late post.... Can't sleep nothing to see..

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
2 weeks ago my kids karate class had a summer picnic. It was a pot luck so we signed up. Everyone signed up dessert, mostly store bought stuff. Some homemade food. I decided to grill burgers and hot dogs...

I got the weber q ready. But then Maribel said take the kettle instead.

Cleaned up the kettle and loaded everything on the truck.

It's amazing how many people don't know what a chimney starter. I was explaining to some people how it works and the purpose.

I live on California and there were some that said they are allergic to smoke??? Some people over react. I was told to move to the other end of the picnic area to grill and I said no. I'm not moving my family to the sun where they wanted me. I explained that once the chimney did it's job it would get a nice fire and we would only smell burgers and hot dogs cooking.

Few parents backed me up and said we are in a park it's going to smell like bbq!!!'

They wanted me by the sun see pic below

I was on the corner where the shade was.

I forgot to take pics of the cook or plated pics. :(

This is the only one. Needless to say everyone ate my burgers and hot dogs

Here we are....
Had to grill a turkey burger for someone can't remember who asked to put it on.

Thanks for looking.

Tony and Maribel

Proud of you, Tony !!! Those complainers... I heard they like their ribs boiled and heavily sauced.

Good of you to hang in for the kids. I bet they loved that cook out. People just make you shake your head sometimes , don't they?

Super T in the house. Nice pick with a great looking Lady you got there my friend. You better cook anything she say's

Tony;
It seems these days that everyone is a "victim"...:rolleyes:

I'm proud of you for "taking a position"!

I'll bet the burgers and hotdogs were excellent, too!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I have noticed a lot of people complain because they have nothing to say!!! Did the complainers burgers and dogs have a little extra texture, (dropped in the grass/dirt)? That would have gave them a legitimate thing to complain about.

Some would complain if they were hung with a new rope. What does surprise me is that they still allow you to use charcoal in Ca. They were talking about banning it when when I left 23 yrs ago. You did good Tony.

Some people are just a drag. Glad that you stuck to your guns. After all they could always move.

Some would complain if they were hung with a new rope. What does surprise me is that they still allow you to use charcoal in Ca. They were talking about banning it when when I left 23 yrs ago. You did good Tony.

Charcoal is still being used out here.

The only issue that's recent is the beach fires that people have at night. The beach front homeowners some don't like the smell and claim it's bad for the environment.

I have noticed a lot of people complain because they have nothing to say!!! Did the complainers burgers and dogs have a little extra texture, (dropped in the grass/dirt)? That would have gave them a legitimate thing to complain about.

No.... But did notice everyone enjoying the food I grilled. :)

Good of you to hang in for the kids. I bet they loved that cook out. People just make you shake your head sometimes , don't they?

They may see me and think they can intimidate me... They are mistaken. They probably thought I didn't speak English and can boss me around...lol

Back