Turkey Breast x 2

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Tomorrow, we have Thanksgiving in Aug. It's just a way to get the folks together to build the team. Since we can't drink at work, food is the next best way to do that. So, I volunteered to smoke the turkeys. Turkey breasts to be exact. I fired up the chimney with Royal Oak, went with an empty foiled water pan, and got the cooker to 325*. In the middle of the cook the bottom dropped out of the sky but I was in it so I adjusted to wet wx opns. All's well that ends well. Once again the iGrill worked flawlessly.

Great looking birds Dwain...love it...we just did a August thanksgiving too! What the heck! Nice!

I feel kind of funny telling a guy named Dwain how good his breasts look, but there you have it. The family wasn't convinced on a smoked turkey for Thanksgiving - now they are.

You have made the world a better place Dwain.

Thanks for the comments.

I decided to slice it last night, place it in a large disposable serving pan, covered it with HD Alum foil and put it in the fridge. This AM when I crawled out of the sack, I fired up the oven and put the whole shooting match in the oven for the hour it took us to get out the door. I place a towel, heating pad, now warm serving tray, and another towel on top in a cooler. When I got to work I plugged the heating pad in and kept the lid on the cooler to keep the bird toasty. When we laid out the smorgasbord, I put a towel on the table, then the heating pad, and the tray on it to keep it warm. It worked like a charm and kept it in the safe zone.

There was not much left and everyone was fat, dumb, and happy.

I am dying to try this!! Thanksgiving is my holiday and I think this would be perfect!! Thank you for the step by step.

I've been thinking about turkey a lot lately. You just made it worse. ;). Great job on those.

Back