The Old Surveyor Strikes Again!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
THIS JERKY RECIPE from Bob Correll, is my go-to, and with all my kids home, I had some pressure to whip up another batch. I trimmed and sliced a couple of eye of round roasts from CostCo and dropped them in the marinade at about 10p last night. I got them on the smoker this morning at about 7:15a, running at 180F. After 6.75 hours, they were dried to the point that I like them, so off the grill to cool......I bet this batch doesn't even last until Thanksgiving.... :)

IMG_7428.jpeg

Thanks, Bob. A winner!!

R

PS: Also, in case anyone notices......I like my jerky on the chewy side, so I always cut it with the grain. If you cut against the grain, you'll end up with jerky that's a bit more tender, but can also get crumbly. Carry on.

Looks Awesome Rich! And you're correct! Bob's recipe IS a WINNER!
I've got about 4lbs of top round in the freezer.... think i'll do it again! and i'm with you on with the grain slicing...

Looks great Rich. I've been using Bob's recipe for a couple years now and it's my go too. Glad I saw this thread as I'm out and need to make some more.

That looks fantastic! How did you slice the meat - knife or slicer?
Thanks, Jerry. I used a knife to slice it. Not enough meat to have to clean up the slicer afterward! :) I had about 3lbs 3oz going into the marinade.

R

Looks great! Wish I could find eye round (or for that matter any roasts) right now. Roasts are almost non-existent here. Butchers have said its due to there being no demand for them. o_O:unsure::eek::mad::cry: Even Costco hasn't had them.

Will have to go to the restaurant supply to get a whole one. Need to make a batch of jerky soon.

Back