The Octofork chicken wing challenge

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
On another forum it was asked if you could fit 16 wings on the Octoforks.

Well dang nabbit rabbit it isn't only possible, but if you live on the left coast where we get 18 wings to a pack you can fit all 18!! Keep in mind this was on the mini-wsm. If I had another set of Octoforks I could have doubled that to 36 wings in the 18.5" Probably could even squeeze in another 18 with 3 pairs of Octoforks. On the 22" WSM with four pairs you could get another 18 on top of that!

KBB, sidelight method using the torch, lit through both vents. Wings were marinated in Franks and dusted with garlic powder and chipotle powder. 30 minutes total cook time, they cook fast on the minitisserie!

Okay enough talk, here's some photo's and a short video

35323524985_98b65e046d_c.jpg

35283486116_5d2da66b7b_c.jpg

34479939454_5ee729b37b_c.jpg

35283478516_a3866fb8c4_c.jpg

35156804492_46e33076f9_c.jpg

34936046240_8084fca958_c.jpg

ENJOY!!!!

Those look so good, Case!!! Great color, the skin looks crispy, and they had to be just what you were looking for.

Nice work!

R

WOW!!! Case you nailed that one for sure color, crispy skin everything is perfect. I'm sure you enjoyed them also.

You can be proud of that cook Case. love the color on those wings. I know with Frank's sauce and that seasoning they must have been delicious.

Those look so good, Case!!! Great color, the skin looks crispy, and they had to be just what you were looking for.

Nice work!

R

WOW!!! Case you nailed that one for sure color, crispy skin everything is perfect. I'm sure you enjoyed them also.

You can be proud of that cook Case. love the color on those wings. I know with Frank's sauce and that seasoning they must have been delicious.

Thank you Rich, Barb, Cliff! They are tasty! I only had two, okay three. I wanted to take them camping this weekend! Hopefully there will be some left! The rotisserie did a good job!

Pretty bird wings, Case. They're beautiful. They wouldn't last to the weekend around here.

Curious... issues with cleaning the Octoforks? I have a set - haven't used them yet.

Spin it to win it Case, I wish you had another set or two of Octoforks.:(
Wings look terrific, liked the video and the song..

Pretty bird wings, Case. They're beautiful. They wouldn't last to the weekend around here.

Curious... issues with cleaning the Octoforks? I have a set - haven't used them yet.

Thank you. No issues with cleaning. I soak them in hot soapy water and then into the dishwasher.

Those are some great looking wings Case, perfect color.

Dang skippy!

Awesome color on those wings!

Wings look mighty fine Case, mighty fine!!!

Spin it to win it Case, I wish you had another set or two of Octoforks.:(
Wings look terrific, liked the video and the song..

I have some octoforks also. Did some chicken legs.
https://instagram.com/p/BVSthHohK6M/

Legs look tasty!

Case your wings look fantastic. We haven't had wings for some time. Now I want them. Great job!

Thank you. These wings were great!

Back