The Humor Thread

Oh man you gotta watch it. Especially if you're from MN. My mother in law had actually bought an Oldsmobile from the dealer the story is about on Xerxes Ave. Right around the time this all took place too. My wife is from MN and she swears the people aren't like how they're characterized. But no offense. I am married to a Margie LOL and we have some very good friends in Richfield where she's from. And she sounds like Margie so much you would swear the movie is on. Anyway, gotta watch it. Based on a true story BTW as well. It's free on Netflix

Is this why you've never posted photos of grilled hotdish?
Ahh Hotdish the national meal of MN LOL. I remember when wife and I got married. We went to Richfield for Thanksgiving that year (since we had gotten married only a couple weeks previous). Well, wife and new mother in law wanted me to go to the potluck at their local Covenant Church. I ran into Hotdish made from everything from potato chips to hotdogs, leftover mac and cheese and who knows what else. Until then this 100% Italian kid from Chicago had never heard of "Hotdish". And of course the calls of "So you want a little lunch then?". And "so you're really an Eyetalian?" Oh boy I thought I had been dropped into another country LOL
A coworker I had at the time felt so bad for me he bought me the book "How to Speak Minnesotan" https://www.amazon.com/dp/0140092846/?tag=tvwb-20
And while this was outrageously funny nearly everything in it was true as I had experienced it. Things like how to say good morning in Minnesotan. The pot of coffee is on the table you sit down and join whoever is there. The first one to say "Well?!" has just said good morning. Well damn if everyone in my new "family" didn't do just that. Or when you would arrive people would rush out, want to look under your hood, make sure your oil is checked, then discuss the route you had taken and if you took one they didn't agree with it was "well why didn't you come up the 35W to 62 and across to so and so" and it was like they had read and rehearsed the book. All this before a single "hello" mind you. Then of course the question "Did you have a little lunch then?"

Last edited:
128916574_5111105642234596_3472383067438857036_o.jpg

With Christmas coming I thought you might want to know how

the tradition of the angel on the top of the tree began

MERRY CHRISTMAS

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure. Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then, when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered. Frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk
all the cider and hidden the liquor.
In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

Not a lot of people know this.

With Christmas coming I thought you might want to know how

the tradition of the angel on the top of the tree began

MERRY CHRISTMAS

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure. Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then, when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered. Frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk
all the cider and hidden the liquor.
In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

Not a lot of people know this.
DOH!!!

Uh, folks...... I do need to report that there's another brand of PB flavored whiskey called Skrewball (who claims to be the original....) A buddy of mine brought down a bottle for a bash, and that stuff is far better than it has any right to be.

Uh, folks...... I do need to report that there's another brand of PB flavored whiskey called Skrewball (who claims to be the original....) A buddy of mine brought down a bottle for a bash, and that stuff is far better than it has any right to be.
Our Son had a bottle of that. He liked it, I took a taste, not bad.

Back