The Humor Thread

BBQ RULES

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine:
1. The woman buys the food.
2 The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables and makes the dessert.
3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill, beer in hand.

Here come the important part:
4. THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine:
5. The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
6. The woman comes out to tell the man the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring him an other beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:
7. THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine:
8. The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, drinks, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.
9. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
10. Everyone PRAISES the Man and THANKS HIM for HIS cooking efforts.
11. The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "HER NIGHT OFF". And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.........
Joan, that went over better than I thought it would!

Let's see if the group can find the humor in this one. <I'm cringing already>

Last edited:
Ed, there used to be a Rainier beer commercial that was an interview with a loving wife, very calmly chatting about how much she enjoyed Rainier beer and the “Bring me a beer, honey” comment comes from off screen. Her response was to simply scream “GET IT YOURSELF BOB!” Then, looks back at the camera and calmly says “Thank you.”
But, where can I get one of those RC coolers and do they make one on tracks for outdoor use!?

I guess I'm just lucky, Barb likes to use the grills and when we had 10 of them she could use any one of them on her own. We plan every meal well ahead of time and do the shopping together. She has some culinary talents that I don't have and is very creative in the kitchen.
Cooking is a hobby for both of us and we share the fun with the not so fun things equally. With her working and me not working I make sure she has a decent meal ready when she gets home on the days she works late.
After almost 40 years of marriage I guess we know what works.

Ed, thank goodness MOST of the men here have a very good SENSE OF HUMOR.
Joan, Backyard Barbequers have to have a sense of humor.

The definition of Backyard Barbeque is "The efforts of an amateur attempting to control chaos in the vague hope of achieving a somewhat peaceful and pleasant result." Anytime you combine "tools", fire, enthusiasm, and imagination Murphy's law stipulates a high chance of hilarity ensuing.

Brock, there's another comment recently made here that I'm shamelessly stealing:
Thats getting dangerously close to some of the "food mispronunciations" that were brought up many many pages ago, but also quite true.

Edit: Kinda like trying to pull off Val Kilmer in "Tombstone", but winding up looking like Yosemite Sam.

Back