RIP: Bob Correll

After I joined this community, I quickly learned that Bob was one of the masters that I hoped to learn from. I have learned so much from all his post, recipes, and guidance. I loved his storytelling that accompanied so many of his post, recipes and guidance. Then as I become an active member of this community I always felt special when Bob would responded to my post, one of the masters was offering his thoughts on a cook of mine or an idea I had about BBQing. I am overwhelmed by the impact his loss has on me, this community has become a part of the fabric of my life through one of my biggest hobbies. Bobs presence and wisdom will be missed by me and so many others. I ordered a half of a pork belly and some pork shoulder steaks today. I am going to make some bacon made easy once it arrives and save the pork steaks for Smoke Day 2022.

R.I.P. Bob. You were very helpful to me when I first joined the forum and had grill restoration questions. As Jon alluded to, friends on this board are indeed real friends even though we don't meet. A McBob is an appropriate sendoff! Godspeed!

Folks, I have closed the invitation to make donations in memory of Bob. We raised a total of $550--thanks to all that contributed so generously! In addition to the original three donations of $100 each, I just sent an additional $250 donation to the American Cancer Society.

Best,
Chris

Folks, I have closed the invitation to make donations in memory of Bob. We raised a total of $550--thanks to all that contributed so generously! In addition to the original three donations of $100 each, I just sent an additional $250 donation to the American Cancer Society.

Best,
Chris
Thanks Chris. I always donate stuff I don't need to cancer charities, as it's a disease that took both my Mum & Dad.
Thank you.

Just learned of Bob’s passing. I still make jerky and bacon using his recipes. I was in Costco yesterday and when I saw the pork belly I thought of Bob not knowing he had passed. None better than recipes from a surveyor’s field notebook. RIP my friend.

Last edited:
I know of no better place to share these couple bird pics. We have a wreath on our main entrance door and a mother chose it as an appropriate nesting spot.

The first pic was taken on Wednesday, April 20 but these fellas hatched between April 16 and April 17. The second pic was taken today, April 27.

I know many of you share my wish that Bob was still with us.

20220420_184508.jpg
20220427_195611.jpg

Last edited:
I know of no better place to share these couple bird pics. We have a wreath on our main entrance door and a mother chose it as an appropriate nesting spot.

The first pic was taken on Wednesday, April 20 but these fellas hatched between April 16 and April 17. The second pic was taken today, April 27.

View attachment 49836
View attachment 49837
Fletch, great pics, and we're on the same wavelength......one of our daily visitors, makes me think of Bob every time!

1651241698125.jpeg

1651241707393.jpeg

...I thought of Bob... RIP my friend.
I ... thought of Bob.
...sure miss him.
...makes me think of Bob every time!
...a tough guy to forget.

I think of Bob Correll every damn day. Amazing how losing him has affected my life...
Yeah, I miss him more than I could have imagined.

Bob was one of the first to welcome me to this fine site right after I purchased my WSM. Thank you Sir! You were a Mentor.

Godspeed top Bob and his Family.

You wander away for awhile and you think you're not going to miss much; you'll catch up later.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the goldfinches were really yellowing up and I thought of Bob, and that I should make a quick post when I got around to it.

Goddammit.

Back