Not many will understand this one

Hmmm, I didn't intend for this to be a feud LOL. As a kid we had a neighbor with the Ford 427 in a Galaxy 500. Definitely a sleeper unless you were listening for those solid lifters. The only giveaway LOL. Anyway the 50s and 60s produced the ultimate vehicles ever (and music too) (excepting the Beetles and their ilk) Always hated the British invasion. But damn we had the best cars the best music.

Hmmm, I didn't intend for this to be a feud LOL. As a kid we had a neighbor with the Ford 427 in a Galaxy 500. Definitely a sleeper unless you were listening for those solid lifters. The only giveaway LOL. Anyway the 50s and 60s produced the ultimate vehicles ever (and music too) (excepting the Beetles and their ilk) Always hated the British invasion. But damn we had the best cars the best music.
Yea Larry, 427 were bad *** in the day. But they were rare in cars. As far as in movies go maybe some need to watch Ford VS Ferrari. It stared Christan Bale & Matt Damen. I believe in 1966 the great GT40 427 powered race car took the top 3 spots in the great 24 hrs of Lemans. You know where the big boys played for bragging rights. Hard to believe that happened since those Ford V8's are no guud. LMAO I believe they went back a few years ago & put another whipping on them. Once again just the facts.

If you have not watched Ford vs Ferrari actually watched it 3 times the genius of Shelby obviously and at the time no better driver than Ken Miles for that car. Not sure anyone of us could afford to drive those muscle cars anymore with the price of gas. No skin in the game but Ford won multiple times. Were there cars faster than the Mustang on the street of course there were got to give Ford credit where it is due winning Le Mans is a big deal I get it not a Mustang but you still need engineering expertise to win there. No other American Company ever won the division Ford won as that is the big boys division.

If you have not watched Ford vs Ferrari actually watched it 3 times the genius of Shelby obviously and at the time no better driver than Ken Miles for that car. Not sure anyone of us could afford to drive those muscle cars anymore with the price of gas. No skin in the game but Ford won multiple times. Were there cars faster than the Mustang on the street of course there were got to give Ford credit where it is due winning Le Mans is a big deal I get it not a Mustang but you still need engineering expertise to win there. No other American Company ever won the division Ford won as that is the big boys division.
So true, Thank you for saying so. Amen
Peace

Well heck; I'm gonna have to watch that one too. Not that I care about what make of car sits in my driveway but I enjoy good movies. If I were passionate about a particular auto maker I'd still respect that others may hold a different viewpoint and not be critical of their opinion :)

Well heck; I'm gonna have to watch that one too. Not that I care about what make of car sits in my driveway but I enjoy good movies. If I were passionate about a particular auto maker I'd still respect that others may hold a different viewpoint and not be critical of their opinion :)
Fletch, it’s a fun movie! If you like racing movies you will enjoy Shelby taking Ford for a ride! I laughed terribly hard!

I'm still a gear head but in a different way. Now instead of how fast I can turn the 1/4 mile I am more concerned about my vehicle being as boring as possible. IOW never needing repairs (or as little as possible). Now the only thing I want is one that will reliably go oil change to oil change with no drama

Car guys rib car guys that drive other makes. It’s what we do, it’s part of it. There has been rivalry since the first ford and Chevy encountered each other, and since the Dodge Brothers built (literally) the Model T other than body and tires and split off and made a superior automobile, since William C Durant started buying up automakers and formed General Motors. If you’re not a car guy, you don’t get it.

It’s friendly rivalry and distaste all together. Out of the Big 3, we generally love one, tolerate another, and hate the third. I love Chrysler/Dodge products, tolerate GM and absolutely do not like fords. Others like ford and Dodge and hate Chevy. It is what it is.

For many years, I 'drove' a 541ci vehicle.

I'll dare say it was faster than any of your street cars mentioned above.

But, it only had 3 tires...

;)

I’m apparently a real car slag, I’ve owned Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, Olds, Jeep, and, now a KIA. Loved them all for different reasons, the Olds was the first NEW car I owned and, it was wicked fun! It was the Achieva SCX their “hot one” I really loved that car.
Really the KIA is pretty much a “grocery getter” drives well enough city and highway but, “Fun?” Not very.

Last edited:
I’m apparently a real at slag, I’ve owned Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, Olds, Jeep, and, now a KIA. Loved them all for different reasons, the Olds was the first NEW car I owned and, it was wicked fun! It was the Achieva SCX their “hot one” I really loved that car.
Really the KIA is pretty much a “grocery getter” drives well enough city and highway but, “Fun?” Not very.
I'm with you. I've owned Chryslers, Fords, and GM's and had good and bad reliability with all makes. Although the closest I've come to a muscle car is a 2004 Thunderbird, which is not a muscle car.

I'm with you. I've owned Chryslers, Fords, and GM's and had good and bad reliability with all makes. Although the closest I've come to a muscle car is a 2004 Thunderbird, which is not a muscle car.
Oh Fletch, I forgot to tell you, (and everybody else for that matter) ”Youze Guys” has gone out of business and I’m really sad about it. Chris survived the pandemic by the the hair of his chin but, several of his commercial customers didn’t, so, last fall he just decided it was time to retire. So, now I guess I’m going to have to get on the sausage making train! It was a sad day when I drove past his place and saw it empty. I’m going to miss getting ribbed mercilessly when getting sausages. I’ll miss his “Santana”, “Don Ho“ and “Duke” specialty sausages as well as his regular run brats and Polish.
I wish him the best.

Oh Fletch, I forgot to tell you, (and everybody else for that matter) ”Youze Guys” has gone out of business and I’m really sad about it. Chris survived the pandemic by the the hair of his chin but, several of his commercial customers didn’t, so, last fall he just decided it was time to retire. So, now I guess I’m going to have to get on the sausage making train! It was a sad day when I drove past his place and saw it empty. I’m going to miss getting ribbed mercilessly when getting sausages. I’ll miss his “Santana”, “Don Ho“ and “Duke” specialty sausages as well as his regular run brats and Polish.
I wish him the best.
I hope good things come for those who were impacted but look forward to seeing posts on your sausage skills!

Memories of going to Skip's Drive In. One night (very late) a guy brought a full on Funny Car on the trailer. A few others blocked off 1st moved the trailer to the end he fired it up, Ran a full blast down 1st, chutes and all.
They had it loaded up and gone before the police got there :D

When I grew up in a subdivision packed with houses and a dozen or so streets there was a guy who had a Camaro that he raced on weekends. I know nothing about performance cars but I remember a blower above the hood (whatever it's called) and wide slicks in the rear. He would tinker and race it down our street and I recall him throwing the kill switch once when a police car drove down an adjacent road.

Also growing up in that neighborhood: we were playing ball in a cul-de-sac after school and saw a bank robbery police chase. The robber should have turned for his best chance but drove his white '60's something Mustang into the cul-de-sac, slammed his car into a house, left a hostage in the car, and ran away in a suit & tie and briefcase but was captured on foot a moment later.

As a kid those are fun memories but not as an adult, lol.

I've actually owned more than a hundred cars and trucks, not to mention the motorcycles, boats and other vehicles. I restored MGs in my younger days to support my car habit. l also worked as a starter at Orange County International Raceway in Irvine California. Staged some of the biggest names in drag racing. Nothing like standing between from two blown Chrysler Hemis getting ready to launch, being smothered in nitro fumes.
The best time was Saturday grudge runs, street legal cars going against one another. There were hundreds of cars there every Saturday.
Now this was in the1967-1970 time frame.
The most impressive stocker I saw was a guy that had a later model chevy Biscayne station wagon, going up against a 67 corvette with a big block.
Even up start and that quiet Biscayne cranked a 10.98 at 126 mph, my jaw almost hit the floor. Had the corvette by about 7-8 car lengths.
Never saw the Biscayne again.
Sadly OCIR was forced to close due to urban sprawl in the early 70s if I remember right.
Oh, and my favorite car I owned was my '66 Shelby GT350, only had it a year and being only 19 at the time the insurance was killing me, so it had to go. Replaced it with a "k" code 66 mustang fast back. Wish I still had that one.

The first new car my mom ever had was a 1966 Ford Mustang coupe that my dad bought her after they got married. Of course, it wasn't what I consider to be a nice one. It was a V-6, three speed manual with no A/C, power brakes or steering. Still it was a pretty cool car that she had until I was learning to drive. I think I remember my dad saying he sold it after 18 years for more money than he paid for it.

A little story; I grew up in a little town about 35 miles north of Denver. I remember as a young boy going over to my Grandma's house & there was this huge ugly car crammed into this little garage. I remember that it had big flat front fenders & there were rust holes coming through above the head lights (I'll never forget that). The car was big & heavy as a tank & had a 3 speed column shifter. It was painted purple. I didn't know nothing about the car in them days. A few years later my aunt traded it for a new car. Come to find out little did I know the car was a ex Colorado State patrol car. Guess what was under the hood of that old monster? 427 FE side oiler. The car must have been a 58 or so Fairlane. Being it was a state patrol car it was used day & night & in nasty weather. I found out years later my other aunt used to sneak the car out & run it through the drags down at Bandamier race track south of Denver. Unbelievable. If I would have known & somehow got ahold of that car restored it to its original Colo. State Patrol condition do you know what that car could be worth today? Being that it was a State Patrol car. It would have made me a very rich man. If only we could go back & do it all over again.

Back